Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 website Header page change - feedback needed

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Yesterday I noticed a change in the O2 community header (home page) whilst using my laptop

It happened half way through the day.

Luckily I was able to take a snip of what it used to look like as I had a tab open from when I first logged on

This is how it has always looked ...

O2 top header 1.PNG

After 1pm it looked like this ....

O2 top header 2.PNG

So to answer the questions I am sure will follow

1) This is on my laptop using Firefox 55.0.3 (latest version)

2) I have tried it on Edge and Chrome on laptop and it's also showing the 'new' second header

3) I have cleared cache and cookies...

So a few questions....

Why the change?

Has anyone else noticed the new header on PC?

Personally I find it a real annoyance. Half the tabs are no longer showing....the Apps tab can't be found in any of the sections.

There is no point asking me what it looks like on my phone as I use my laptop 99% of the time I am online and wouldn't notice if anything had changed on my mobile....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Maybe I'm missing something here but why is The Virtual Bar (off topic) under 'Latest Topics'?
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 111 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something here but why is The Virtual Bar (off topic) under 'Latest Topics'?

It's there because it appears to be a new topic started tonight by @Anonymous. Don't confuse it with the Virtual LOUNGE @Glory1 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 112 of 118

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I did @Cleoriff 🤔 Thanks for the clarification 😊

Message 113 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

It's there because it appears to be a new topic started tonight by @Anonymous. Don't confuse it with the Virtual LOUNGE @Glory1 wink

Hi @Glory1 & @Cleoriff ... if it's not a popular decision I can have the thread deleted ... = ... no problem wink

Message 114 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys

Please send us all your feedback about the new navigation because the test will end soon Thanks!

In case you want to do it but you don't see it yet, here some pictures!

PC.png

phone.jpg

Thanks again for all the help heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 115 of 118

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well @MercedesS my first thought looking at the new navigation is that the 'headers' should be in bold typeface to make it clear they are headers. It took me a moment to realise this.

It may just be me but I think for someone new to O2 and/or the forum it might not be clear. Particularly as there is so much information given.

Message 116 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

As you said the new header wasn't for the Community but for the O2 site in general @MercedesS

Here and Here again then I was perfectly happy when it reverted back to the 'OLD' header... ie this one

O2 top header 1.PNG

This is on my PC...and I find it easier to navigate and find the links I need to answer questions for new users.

I rarely (if ever) use my mobile to access the O2 Community.

I am always happy to see changes if they improve the service. The new change of header I saw for 3 days improved nothing and was far too time consuming...(in my opinion)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 117 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks so much! thumbsup

We have already shared with them your opinion and we will push all your feedback! now fingers_crossed

Thanks again for helpingheart 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 118 of 118