Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 deposit

MercedesE320CDi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I've recently took out a contract with O2 and had to pay a deposit as I've been working abroad for a few years, (fair enough).

I was told that the deposit would be refunded back to my bank account after the 3rd payment was successfully made, (which it has).

On speaking to 2 different people at O2 I've received conflicting information, so I'm hoping I can get clarification on here prior to me ringing again.

The 1st agent, explained that a few days after the 3rd payment was received I could call back and arrange for the deposit £125 to be paid back onto the card within 5 to 10 working days, ( again all seems fair and acceptable).

On calling back as instructed to arrange the refund I'm now told I have to wait until the next bill is generated before I can request this.

Can anyone assist with this, the amount isn't a lot however the principal stands and it is my money not O2.

Regards
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @MercedesE320CDi. I've had a response and the deposit repayment process will begin once the 3rd payment has been received and you will see the repayment on your 4th bill. 

Any questions please let me know. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Hey @MercedesE320CDi. I've had a response and the deposit repayment process will begin once the 3rd payment has been received and you will see the replacement on your 4th bill. 

Any questions please let me know. 

Exactly as we thought @Martin-O2 Thanks for the clarification though wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 27

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem! smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 13 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

As I posted earlier @Martin-O2

@jonsie wrote:

Four months now? Since when? My understanding has always been that after 3 on-time/in full payments a credit was applied to the account when the 4th bill was generated. At this point you could then request the credit be returned to your account.

Message 14 of 27

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie Yes you were spot on! wink

signature

Message 15 of 27

MercedesE320CDi
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so a quick update on this

My 4th bill was generated today, showing on myo2. all previous bills paid ontime, zero issues

I called CS to start the refund process, and have been told yet again that i have to wait unitl the 4th bill is paid. im very annoyed overe this. asked to speak to a supervisor who said exactly the same thing

Come on O2, please sort your refund process out. the URL below states that after the 3rd payment is made the depsit is returned, no where does it say that a customer has to wait till either the 4th bill is generated, or paid

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

can anyone internal to O2 assist with this?

regards

tom

Message 16 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Martin-O2@EmilieT

Could you help with this please?. O2 are moving the goalposts again!

It's THREE months of on time payments and the refund will show on 4th bill.

This has happened on a few occasions now and unless they have changed the rules and told no-one, it's getting very annoying  unamused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 27

MercedesE320CDi
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

credit has now appeared on the bill, however to wait 5 - 10 days to reach my bank is a bit of a joke

Ive emailed the CEO of O2, Mark Evans regarding this whole process, if i get a reply i will of course upload onto here. email to mark as below

Good Morning Mark,

It pains me to send this E-mail to the CEO of a company as O2, however as an O2 customer i feel that i need to escalate a recent issue i have had over attempting to recover a deposit i had to pay on a recent contract i took out with O2

contract telephone number  -  xxxxxxxxxxx

the contract was taken out in April and as part of the vetting process i was asked to pay a reasonable £125 deposit as i have only recently came back into the UK from working overseas, this imo is fair and the deposit was paid. i was also told that the deposit would be returned to me after successful payment of the 3rd bill, this confirmed in an O2 statement in the URL below

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

All bills have been paid on time, and after the 3rd bill was paid in July. everything to this point was fine

On calling Customer services to process the refund, this is pretty much where my opinion of your company nose dives.

the 1st call to O2 regarding this, was quite pleasant whereas the CS agent explained the process and that a refund should appear in my back within 5 to 10 working days, this is acceptable.

after the 10 working days, i called back and was told that the information i was given was wrong, however the agent would process the refund and this would appear on "MyO2" in a few days from there i could arrange a refund, this did not happen

another call to CS and to be explained that i need to pay a 4th payment in august for the refund to be granted, on asking for an explanation on this as O2's policy clearly states 3 month i was told this is standard process within O2. call ended with me as the customer being both confused and annoyed

another call to CS, where it was explained that when the 4th bill is generated, THEN the deposit would be generated, (this is not explained in the URL within this email). at this point i was totally confused, and annoyed at the lack of knowledge of O2 internal processes. call ended

so this morning 20th July, my 4th Bill was generated, on checking the bill in "MyO2", there was no reference to the deposit, yet another call to O2 customer services, to be yet again told that i must wait until the 4th bill is paid, (early august), before the refund would be generated. at this point i demanded to speak to a supervisor to be told that " the supervisor would say the same thing".

so i now have 4 conflicting processes on this, i am now utterly confused, and extremely annoyed, as of this i asked the agent what is the complaints process, in which i was told that a manager would call me in 24 hours, (as a manager in the Oil and Gas exploration industry), if i were to resolve a complaint, i would ask the customer for a time that would be convenient within the 24 hour window, especially as this would strafe into the weekend, and the time with my family outside of work is of importance to me.

closing, iv'e just re-checked "My-O2" and the credit has been applied. as of this i have called and arranged for the credit to be applied to my bank, this however taking between 5 to 10 working days. come on O2, transactions in this day and age can be made instantly.

Mark, i hope this email gets the attention it deserves. as a process manager i would suggest the following to mitigate confusion, and potential loss of business

customer facing agents to have access to factual knowledge. i would assume that O2 CS agents have access to a Knowledge base of sorts as a point of reference, (please encourage agents to use this), rather than let me put you on hold whilst i speak to a supervisor. i appreciate that not everything can be resolved at 1st line, however promote the tools to give the agents a uniform level of knowledge to assist customer queries.

your website URL as above to be amended to reflect the process, (as long as 3 payments have been made on time, the credit will show on the 4th bill). if i had known this at the time, i would have not called after the 3rd bill was paid

finally, if a manager is to call a customer to resolve a complaint, empower the customer. ask what time is convenient  to call, not offer a 24 hour window

i really hope you do read this, and please reply with any comments you may have. your O2 community forum, has a lot of reference to similar issues like this around deposits, so this is not an isolate incident

https://community.o2.co.uk

regards

Mr Thomas Qaid

Message 18 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Pleased it's actually sorted now @MercedesE320CDi What a palaver!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 27

MercedesE320CDi
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi thanks for the reply

itll be resolved once the refund hits my bank, lets see what happens

regards

Message 20 of 27