Did you mean: 

3G & 4G signal issues in Canary Wharf London

GazManDoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All, 

Does anyone else suffer from terrible voice and data quality in CW London (E14) ? I can be stood in the middle of any open space or indoors on the 40th floor of one of the towers by a window with no signal. I literally show 2 bars of "E" on my Iphone X. all the reboots in the world don't resolve it. Sometimes it will show 3G or 4G but the speed and quality is nonexistant. Additionally I know of 2/3 friends that have the same issues. Alternatively I have collegues on EE and Vodafone stood right next to me and they are completely fine. 

I have spoken to O2 Support who as recently as last Weds informed me that there was an issues in the area and that it would be resolved in 1-3 working days.. I told them that I didn't believe this to be true as this has been impacting me for MONTHS!!

Think its time to move to one of the other service providers considering I spend the vast amount of my waking days in this location.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you checked for any known issues here ?
http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

GazManDoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Of course. site says there is no issues. even says "Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband."

which is so not true.

My phone currently shows 3 bars of 3G, but I can't even complete a speed test with O2's own My Network app. Says no network detected.
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @GazManDoo Your postcode shows no issues

E14.PNG

You could always download the My Network app and report it through there https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

GazManDoo
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cleoriff, please see what I just posted.
I work in IT so understand what to check and test slight_smile trust me when I tell you this isn't a 1 off single issue. been going on for months. I even found a 6 month old post on here that was quoting the same issue. I too believe this has been going on that long.
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, wasn't sure if you already had the MyNetwork app, but I see you do now.
Keep reporting the issue in the app but the problem will be congestion so hopefully that area is on the planned upgrade programme which O2 are currently rolling out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@GazManDooProblem is, I type a lot more slowly than many others. When I started my reply, no one else had replied to your initial post. So not my fault really :wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

GazManDoo
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks guys for the replies slight_smile slight_smile all very helpful.

Any more info on the upgrade rollout ?
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You are probably right in considering a move to another network @GazManDoo

Very little point paying for a service you can't use...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's all to do with this https://news.o2.co.uk/press-release/o2-to-connect-1000-locations-to-latest-4g-spectrum-in-rapid-roll... but we have no idea where and when, all we know is that it's happening!

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11