NO SERVICE!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Bedale we are having terrible problems with service 

txts take days to arrive when i send them

i only recieve txts when i leave the area

calls either dont connect or drop out

internet never loads

surely i am been made to pay for a service that o2 is failing to provide?? 

i have taken advice from CIB trading standards and have contacted the ombudsmen who have all advised breech of contract but o2 refuses to help 

has anyone elese had these problems out of Bedale? as a Paramedic with children i need a phone I can rely on!!

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

8.4 You can end this Agreement by giving us Notice (in line with paragraph 19) if:

(a) we break this Agreement in any material way and we don't correct the breach within 7 days of receiving your written request;
(b) we go into liquidation or a receiver or administrator is appointed over our assets;
(c) we increase our Charges in a way that would allow you to end the Agreement under paragraph 5.4 and/or 5.5; or
(d) we change the terms of this Agreement to your significant disadvantage (which for the avoidance of doubt shall not include an increase in Charges for Additional Services, or an increase in Charges as set out in paragraphs 5.2, 5.3 or 5.4 (a) and (b)).

I Would call removing a mast with no intention of replacing it "detrimental"  and a significant disadvantage ?

Just for clarity i'm not talking about taking a week to repair a mast either.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 31 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The OP said that the Ombudsman had stated breach of contract. So I have to assume the case has been examined.

Not quite -  the OP said OmbudsMEN (PLURAL) had "advised breach of contract".   Later in message at 10:53 on 22nd OP says "legal advice tells me that we can persue under breech of contract " which I take to mean OP could/should sue O2   - but if the Ombudsman had already ruled in OP's favour surely there would be no need to pursue that course.

Gerry

Message 32 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 As usual we are working without the full facts.  I don't know all the background but perhaps O2 have a case to pursue against others .  Presumably they had or thought they had all necessary approvals/licences to erect the mast in the first place and the reasons for its subsequent removal would need to be known before it could be said with certainty that O2 have in fact breached their contract with users.

Gerry

Message 33 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
The OP needs to clarify
Message 34 of 42

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
I'd have to agree chaps....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 35 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Either way @Anonymous raises good points (even though I am comfortable with my reading of it) which is very helpful for others.

In essence I don't think the OP has been to the Ombudsman Service as there is no reference to her having made a complaint to o2 complaints review service, 8 week deadlock or Ombudsman referral.
Message 36 of 42

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

People quote the Ombudsman at will without getting official confirmation from them. Until the proper process has been followed, reported 'advice' means absolutely nothing. Sorry but follow procedure to get the satisfactory outcome you seek.

Message 37 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

whilst dealing with CAB they have liaised with the ombudsman for advice and their view point (which is common place!) .. at no point have i stated that they have resolved the issue! Nor am I "throwing it about at will" all of that said 8 weeks for o2 to sort and then ombudsman to sort and o2 to act upon months without a phone/service that I can reply upon really isnt the best position to be in when o2 just arent providing the service they promised! 

Message 38 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps if enough people get vocal and then vote with their feet o2 may do something, but I'm convinced it is just the urban customers they want - that is where the volume is and where the 4g profits are. 

In the meantime they could do something as a gesture for those of us suffering appalling service, maybe just acknowleding it would be a start.

Message 39 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have raised with o2 previously why customers in poor service/coverage areas should pay the same as those who get excellent 2g 3g and 4g in urban areas. Their response, rather predictably, was that the t&c's state they don't guarantee signal etc etc etc

If a customer goes to complaintreviewservice@o2.com and the service failure is agreed then they will either offer a tariff reduction, allow you to leave foc (you will have to return contracted handsets) or they will state that the coverage is acceptable and you are stuck with it. In the latter case then at that point you can go to the Ombudsman (which I understand costs o2 £300). You would think a discount would be cheaper but no o2 like the fight.

Those are the options guys.
Message 40 of 42