NO SERVICE!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Bedale we are having terrible problems with service 

txts take days to arrive when i send them

i only recieve txts when i leave the area

calls either dont connect or drop out

internet never loads

surely i am been made to pay for a service that o2 is failing to provide?? 

i have taken advice from CIB trading standards and have contacted the ombudsmen who have all advised breech of contract but o2 refuses to help 

has anyone elese had these problems out of Bedale? as a Paramedic with children i need a phone I can rely on!!

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147188 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
What amazes me Gerry is that they admit to withdrawing the service and admit there is no plan to resolve issue but still argue the toss over disconnection!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 42

jonsie
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

It defies logic that O2 could remove a mast and expect no backlash from it's customer base. Anyone affected should be allowed to leave their contracts without penalty legally.

Message 12 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
What amazes me Gerry is that they admit to withdrawing the service and admit there is no plan to resolve issue but still argue the toss over disconnection!

@MI5   What is needed is for a CEO and a couple of other high level Managers to be given their P45s like the Tesco CEO.   Pity there is no way that some mass action could be organised to hit them in the Net Profit line!!  With tariffs now embodying such generous usage there is no way that the odd "phone free" day would hurt.  I think I am beginning to talk myself into a P&G tariff next time round.  

Gerry

Message 13 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

You hit the nail on the head regarding Payg tariffs. One of the reasons why I choose this over a Pay Monthly. Freedom to move with no penalty at all. Downside is I have to pay upfront for my phone but I'm ok with that.
Message 14 of 42

MI5
  • 147188 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
You can leave a contract without penalty if a network withdraws its service such as in this case.
If you prefer to pay extra for payg freedom that's fine but no real difference as far as far as leaving is concerned.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 42

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi elliebelle,

I'm Toby, the community coordinator. I'm about to send you a private message so that we can have a chat about this.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You can leave a contract without penalty if a network withdraws its service such as in this case.
If you prefer to pay extra for payg freedom that's fine but no real difference as far as far as leaving is concerned.

@MI5   I've not used P&G in recent years so I am out of touch with the current rules. What I understood BoB to be saying was that with P&G he is not hidebound by a contract period.  He is rather free to jump ship when his credit balance falls to zero, or even before.  In that sense leaving O2 would be easier than in the case of a Pay Monthly contract?

Gerry

Message 17 of 42

MI5
  • 147188 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Yes, easier for sure, but in this case the customer can also leave without penalty so no real benefit and payg on O2 is much more expensive than a contract is.
Message 18 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Yes that is what I meant.

Regarding leaving without penalty @MI5

Can you link to officially where this information is from O2 under the circumstances the OP is under for future reference.
Message 19 of 42

MI5
  • 147188 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Not on a 2g connection I can't as it would take too long but look for the "detrimental effect" clause....
Message 20 of 42