Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for call to Africa I did not make

Mills888
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been a long customer of virgin and I got passed into O2 through them. I have never called Africa or know anyone there. 6 months ago I was charged £300 for a call to Africa and no one has come near my handset phsycially. They said they would investigate it but all they did was cut me off each month so I've had to call and explain and get reconnected by just paying my £20 actual call bill. They've now closed the investigation after no one called me and sent me to debt collectors. Shocking customer service. I used to work in mobile fraud so know how serious this is but they would rather ignore the issue and charge me.. I have now reported o2 to trading standards. Anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10633 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Mills888 

That means they have found that your phone initiated the call, and you are liable for the call costs, whicb they can tell, from the Sim Card and the MSISD , and it could be a dodgy app you have installed.. NO one has to go near your phone physically to do these types of things..

The only thing you can do is log a complaint and hope you get someone who show a bit of empathy and knock something off the amount oustanding, all the detail on how to complain are here https://o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

They have 8 weeks to responf before you can take it to the ombudsman as well.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Mills888
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou. I have already contacted ombudsman. There is no way I am paying for this. They have not made any communication with me to explain why the investigation has been closed. I have not installed any dodgy app. If this is possible then they should let me know. They are simply charging me for calls I did not make. They should look after their customers not make them pay for inadequate security. 

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10633 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Mills888 

I disagree if they can prove it came from your phone / sim card then you are liable...  Which will come out in the wash, as all the have to do is provide the information to the Ombudsman.

If you haven't followed the correct process then the ombudsman will probably tell you to do so.. 

Good Luck..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4