cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misinformation given by O2 - Faulty handset

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Community

This one is going back from March 2017 but I will be brief. One Plus 3T refresh contract taken out Feb 16th  this year. Having some problems with the phone so called O2 in March and reported it faulty. Information given by Customer Service Advisor is that they don't deal with One Plus phone and it must be sent off directly to them for repairs. I was shocked and explained that I didn't take out a contract with One Plus and questioned why should I send it to them. The agent repeated her first response and I challenged this again. Anyway, I proceeded with the information given and was supplied with One Plus Customer Service details. Contacted One Plus who logged the fault took details from me and said they wanted proof of purchase. I contacted O2 and they sent me the proof of purchase. One Plus sent me an address with shipping labels to send the phone with details on a UPS collection. I wasn't given an exact time for pickup so UPS came for collection and I was out. I ended up dropping off the phone at a UPS Collection point. Email One Plus telling them what I have done they got back to me about 1 week later to say the phone has a physical damage and it will cost me around £90.00 to be repaired. I sent them an email informing them that when I sent the phone it had no such damage and it must have happened in transit and had requested them to contact the Couriers regarding this. Weeks gone by, I heard nothing from One Plus regarding my request only to receive an invoice with instructions to pay or they will send back my handset. I held my ground saying the same thing, I refuse to pay.

Whilst that is going on and not heard from them I contacted O2 again explaining to them what had happened and I was told that I shouldn't have sent the phone to One Plus but to O2. At this stage I was very angry. We had a lengthy conversation and was given clear instructions to obtain the phone and get it to O2 (I requested to drop it off at my local store and the agent agreed). Contacted One Plus and requested my phone. They sent it back however, address missing and it went back to them and I received an email regarding this and they requested my address again which I sent to them and more problems so I had to pick up the handset from UPS collection point. Took the phone to my local O2 store and explained what happened and they wouldn't take it. I told them I was told to do this they replied that they are not taking it.

Contacted O2 regarding the situation letting them know I am not happy. I was on the phone for over 1 hour with an agent who (apologised for the information I was given) tried to help me by getting an exchange but she came back saying that they will not do it. I escaled the situation and they got back to me offering £30 credit which I refused and raised a complaint. To finish off quickly. Complaints department got in touch, I requested for the telephone calls to be listened to, they got back apologising for the misinformation given and offered £30 credit. I refused and questioned what is going to happen to the handset. They came back offering me a refurbished handset. I refused highlighted some facts. They came back offering me £50 credit and a refurbished handset which I also refused. It has been almost 6 months since I have been without the One Plus 3T handset which I am paying £18 a month, now do the maths I am sure that it greater than £50. All the problems, hassle and inconvenience I have been through because I was misinformed by O2. Ombudsman next because according to O2 this is their final position on this matter. What do you think?

Thanks for taking the time out to read.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you have a deadlock letter from o2 your only choice is the ombudsman.
Have you tried complaining on twitter as we hear that team is quite good too?
http://www.twitter.com/o2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5

Thanks for getting back so quick. I am currently in the process of the deadlock letter but wanted to hear from this community first. I wasn't aware of the Twitter platform. Thanks very much. I will look at this too.

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Definitely get in touch with the Ombudsman, I can't believe the advice of the first adviser. In my opinion the phone should have been exchanged. 

Do let us know how you go on. 

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jonsie

Thanks for your reply. I dont think I am asking a lot from them. I even cheekly asked for the new One Plus 5T to help compensate me and I was told that my phone is no longer new. I cannot believe thsi I haven't even had a good full months usage of the phone before it started to develop the fault.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If the phone was less than 30 days old it should have been replaced immediately no questions asked!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's my opinion too. The advice given was total misinformation and complaints should recognise that. I can understand their offer of a refurbished after all this time but it should have been dealt with in that first month with a straight replacement. Good luck in the next step of this sorry affair. 

Message 7 of 8

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience. I'll drop you a Private Message (PM) to get more information just in case there's something else we can do to help you out. thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 8