cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This can't be how a successful business operates......

Ginger59
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am sure I am on some reality show and any minute cameras are going to appear and it has all been a big prank......

My screen on the camera broke - so as I pay insurance I thought I had nothing better to do than go to my local O2 shop and deal with them.....No that would be too easy and I was told to call their call centre.

Ok not great but away I went and called - £60 excess and you would have a replacement phone within 5 working days once it had been collected and processed....I'm sure they dont tell you those points at point of purchase of the phone but oh well what option do I have.

5 working days later from confirmation I was getting a replacement phone and still no phone....I called again to be told as it was the bank holiday (26th Aug) this would add an extra day to the delivery. Tuesday came and I picked up my new phone from my dpd collection point.

Surprise Surprise the phone wouldnt make any calls....oh and it was black I had a red 7 plus before...so I called O2 insurance again to be told it is a common fault with the 7 plus and it was a faulty handset I had been sent and a further replacement would have to be issued.

My first reaction was I am not waiting another 5 days on a replacement - "Oh no dont worry you will have this tomorrow" - great thats better service.....only problem was they ony had gold in stock....by this point I don't care on colour I just want to be in the modern world again. I was told that by 10.30am dpd will forward my alloacated timeslot.

Surprise Surprise no email from dpd so I call O2 Insurance once again to be told that the supplier had not released the delivery as they didnt have any red phones in stock, even though the previous day I had accepted I was going to be sent a gold phone. Don't worry O2 to the rescue and I would have it delivered on Friday as a Manager had fixed the mess.....

Friday 10.30 no confrimation from dpd......called again.......dpd had lost the package......and a manager from O2 would call me back to confirm what was going to happen to fix the situation. No call back. Called again, manager in a meeting but is chasing dpd.....I go to a lot of meetings, you can't be chasing a courier and be sitting in a meeting.....

Got a call back from an operator to say that the Manager had authorised another handset to be sent and it would be delivered on Monday.....No way can I go another weekend without a phone..."Ok well let me see if my Manager will approve a Saturday delivery".....You bet he better....good side is they have red in stock so back to my original phone.

Saturday morning - today is new phone day.....woo hoo......oh no wait still no confirmation....call O2 Insurance.....It is in Edinburgh, there has been a delay and they won't deliver until Monday now.....AAGGGHHHH!!!

Monday morning (today) right I am ready for this.....NEW PHONE DAY!!!!!......let's just call O2 Insurance to get the consignment number to I can check that the timeslot doesn't land right in the school run.....there is no phone ordered, the operator on Friday had used the wrong form and had ordered a Samsung Galaxy and it had been stopped on Friday but nothing had been done to correct the error....but wait what about the operator I spoke to on Saturday....my phone is in Edinburgh.....todays operator confirmed that was a LIE and there are no notes on the system that any called was received on Saturday.

I have a new phone supposed to be arriving tomorrow but I don't want to hold my breathe......Surely there should be circumstances where someone could go to an O2 Shop and get a phone rather than is.....

I am waiting on the cameras apprearing to say you have been framed but I dont think they are coming.......

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sadly all too typical these days!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Ginger59What a tale of utter incompetence and lack of customer care.

I hope you get your replacement phone as promised, though either way you are well within your rights to make an official complaint. https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use Resolver in the link given. You may be lucky enough to get a goodwill gesture from O2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3