cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liars.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a snippet of an online chat transcript.

Tracey: Thank you. And just to confirm, you are sure that the college street store in Rotherham has the iPhone 5 16gb in black in stock?
Victor: Yes Tracey we do have the iphone 5 in our stock.
Victor: Please do not worry about it.
Victor: They'll offer you handset.
Tracey: Your answer seems very generic victor. I'm not exactly confident that what you are saying is correct
Victor: I've checked the stock for you and we do have the stock for iphone 5 16,32 and 64 GB.
Tracey: How many do they have?
Victor: We do have sufficient stock this time.
Victor: You'll get the iphone 5 now Tracey

So victor assures me the phones in stock, I cancel my order and guess what? No stock. Furious and fed up with O2 and their lies. I've sent this to ofcom. And I will be making a formal complaint too.
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Actually it gets worse. Although better for me, due to his incompetence it would seem he didn't even cancel my order, unless it's not updated yet.

He probebly knew he was lying to you about stock and was fobbing you off, just get you off his case. hense not canceling your order and the chances of you getting through to him again are very slim. ITS VERY POOR CS!!

Message 11 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I the chat advisor cancelled the order, or at least, said he had, while I rang the store, it may have been 4 minutes but then again I wasn't counting. Thanks for your pointless input.
Message 12 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tell me about it, I've been on to Vodafone and they have the same delays, but are not lying about it being in stock so thinking of just moving on. Might even look at t-mobile so I could use 4g. O2 have basically ruined their reputation in my eyes.
Message 13 of 32

gary_midgley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 20 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
 "I've sent this to ofcom."

Ofcom no longer deal with individual issues, you need to follow O2 complaints process.

Long standing O2 Customer.....maybe too long....
Message 14 of 32

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

I misunderstood the chronology of what you had done. You, as you say, only posted a snippet of the conversation. I don't think that being nasty about the advisor and calling him names will get you very far. If you want to throw all your toys out of the pram just because a phone isn't in stock, that's up to you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I the chat advisor cancelled the order, or at least, said he had, while I rang the store, it may have been 4 minutes but then again I wasn't counting. Thanks for your pointless input.

Why do you feel you need to insult everyone Tracey? The community is full of people trying to help each other and many are in the same position as you.

I'm sure you are frustrated at the situation and the poor CS, but there really isn't any need to resort to childish insults, is there?

Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

I misunderstood the chronology of what you had done. You, as you say, only posted a snippet of the conversation. I don't think that being nasty about the advisor and calling him names will get you very far. If you want to throw all your toys out of the pram just because a phone isn't in stock, that's up to you.

But surely you can understand why this person is upset and why so many customers of O2's are in uproar on how poorly they have handled the situation??

Message 17 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

so you cancelled your guaranteed order to get a phone you were told was in stock only to find they havent got one and get arsey about it?

your fault for cancelling!

Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't insult anyone. I just said that persons input was pointless and suggesting I hadn't done what I said, that person has since said they misunderstood and that is fine, It happens, I'm not throwing the toys out, I've been lied to by O2. So surely I'm allowed to take this further, and seeing as the cs side is impossible to reach currently, then this forum is where my grievances will be aired.
Message 19 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But surely you can understand why this person is upset and why so many customers of O2's are in uproar on how poorly they have handled the situation??

I don't think *anyone* fails to understand the frustration at O2's service Eakie. Even some who have their handsets already are frustrated at the poor communications and lack of service others are receiving.

It's more the way people go about it that I think people struggle with. Name calling and petty insults are not really going to assist the situation or get a handset to you any quicker, so it's not only pointless it's also unnecessary and unpleasant, particularly when aimed at those trying to help you on the community.

Message 20 of 32