Did you mean: 

Finding your mobile number: your feedback

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Today we'd like to gather your thoughts and feedback on a specific customer journey - first, let me give you a bit more background around why this one in particular slight_smile

The excellent Guide: How do I find my own mobile number? by @pgn  has become one of our most viewed guides on the community since its creation, and when looking at what people search for directly on the community or via Google, we regularly see this query being one of the top ones as well. 

It's quite difficult to pin-point on our end what is triggering the need for this question so often, and this is where we'd like you to help us a bit!

• If you've opened a new account or changed number recently, did you find it difficult to find what your mobile number was?
  • From what you remember, do you think it could be highlighted more clearly during the account opening process, in the info material you receive via mail or e-mail?
  • Can you think of any reason why so many customers seem to struggle with this, or how we could improve things to make it less of a challenging query?

Thanks in advance for your help, all your ideas and suggestions will be much appreciated!

Feedback

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think some of us use it in answer to to a question @EmilieT  and then remember, if we read all unread posts, it will take us back to the guide.

I also look at it when browsin through, keeping myself updated about the guides (and any updates)

(Probably @pgn  is increasing the numbers himself by checking on it daily (Joking)  rofl)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Never had a problem finding my number.
It's always printed on the sim packaging as I recall.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Never had a problem finding my number.
It's always printed on the sim packaging as I recall.

Neither do I have a problem finding mine...(I know it off by heart)

When I first got the number, I put it in my contacts.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm not sure why you would need to lose your memory on mobile numbers, it's so easy to check. It's definitely @pgn checking 10 times a day....

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm not sure why you would need to lose your memory on mobile numbers, it's so easy to check. It's definitely @pgn checking 10 times a day....

rofljoy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Ssssh! I have a flotilla of HTC Wildfires, continually polling Google for that very topic... lying D'oh!

Message 7 of 11

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff @MI5 @jonsie joy

Thanks guys for your feedback! Just to put this in a bit more context, in August we had 7,583 Unique Visitors on that guide, and 7,359 in September, so they wouldn't be just @pgn browsing it, or even you guys using it to check for updates or info wink We can also see traffic coming to it from Google, so people are searching on there for help on finding their number.

We're just trying to understand why so many people need support with that, so we can try and make one's number easier to find for everyone; in case you have any insights at any point or suggestions, please do let us know slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

We're just trying to understand why so many people need support with that, so we can try and make one's number easier to find for everyone; in case you have any insights at any point or suggestions, please do let us know slight_smile

One thing that O2 do not do that all the other networks do, is push the mobile number to the sim card.

Unless you save your number on your phone, you could forget it.

All other networks use the built in "my number" in the phones firmware, but it requires the network to push that info to the device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks, that's a good suggestion, duly noted and will feed that back! thumbsup

signature

Message 10 of 11