cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up with Apple, change to Samsung?

Anonymous
Not applicable

For various reasons I'm fed up with Apple and I'm thinking of switching to Samsung.  I had a Galaxy S5 for a short while and didn't like it but I'm thinking of changing my tablet from an iPad to a Tab S this time so everything should work together properly (in theory!).  Before I do this I have some questions:

1. Which is better, the Galaxy 6 or 6 Edge?  I've read reviews but it's interesting to hear peoples' opinions.

2. Is it easy (or possible) to transfer contacts from an iPhone to a Galaxy?

3. Will I need a new SIM card or can O2 just change me from an iPhone plan to a 'normal' plan?

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice.

Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point, I hadn't thought about apps etc.  If I go ahead I'm probably going to buy the phone outright and stay on my SIM only contract and sell the iPhone as the contracts seem so expensive.

Message 21 of 98

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Good plan.
Most of us do the same.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 22 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

I may leave the tablet for the time being and get the better phone.  I use my phone more than my iPad and my husband has got a Samsung mini tablet that I could use if I really need it.  If I'm at home I tend to use my laptop (which should improve when we get decent broadband!) so I don't think I need a tablet at the moment.

Message 23 of 98

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Always the best option if you can. The sim only deals are much better value than the tariffs on contract.

Message 24 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 123396 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

If you go for the Edge @Anonymous let us know what you think about it? To be honest I haven't heard anything bad about this phone. ....Samsung will have to work hard to better it imo wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading more reviews this evening I think I've ruled out the Edge but I've now replaced it with the Note 4 so I'm no further forward!  The reason for ruling out the Edge is I'm not convinced there's enough of a difference between it and the S6 to warrant the extra £110.

The advantages with the Note 4 are a) it's cheaper than the S6 and b) I could probably do without a tablet as it's that much bigger.  (My husband has the Note 3 in a rather nice red colour and I've been playing about with that)

Decisions decisions! 

Message 26 of 98

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Either decision would be good, the note 4 is a beast too.
Message 27 of 98

MI5
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
I can recommend the note 4 and yes, it will do away with the need for a tablet too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 28 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 123396 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

(My husband has the Note 3 in a rather nice red colour and I've been playing about with that)

Decisions decisions! 

Exactly the same as me @Anonymous....FYI my colour is Merlot Red and I love it.....They did do a rather fetching red/gold model as well Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 98

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I can vouch for the Note 4 too. There's nothing I can do on the tablet that I can't do on the Note 4.

Message 30 of 98