cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up with Apple, change to Samsung?

Anonymous
Not applicable

For various reasons I'm fed up with Apple and I'm thinking of switching to Samsung.  I had a Galaxy S5 for a short while and didn't like it but I'm thinking of changing my tablet from an iPad to a Tab S this time so everything should work together properly (in theory!).  Before I do this I have some questions:

1. Which is better, the Galaxy 6 or 6 Edge?  I've read reviews but it's interesting to hear peoples' opinions.

2. Is it easy (or possible) to transfer contacts from an iPhone to a Galaxy?

3. Will I need a new SIM card or can O2 just change me from an iPhone plan to a 'normal' plan?

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice.

Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I agree jonsie, my tablet and edge communicate as good as any other shared content service such as icloud.
Honestly, the phone (edge) is so far ahead of the field it's ridiculous, nothing is comparable to Samsung's latest offerings, because, quite simply, Samsung have put in their own optimised octa core cpu, their own optimised ram and storage standard and their own connectivity processors too.
That all adds up to something quite special and the phone simply cannot be bested.
You will NOT be disappointed.
Message 11 of 98

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And fyi.
The colours change depending on what angle you look at the glass.
It's really trippy but again, adds to the uniqueness.

The gold looks the best tbh (I would say that tho)
Message 12 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're convincing me @viridis!  I'm pretty certain I'll get the gold one but now I've got to decide about memory.  I'm thinking 32GB would probably be enough as I've now got One Drive but I'll have to see what I've got on my iPhone.  To be honest I've probably got a load of rubbish on it!

Message 13 of 98

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

White does it for me....Every phone I have I choose white, apart from the Note 4 and I regretted getting the black (which is actually grey) ever since!

Message 14 of 98

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Go for the biggest memory you can afford. Always better to have too ,such than not enough. Whilst I have everything stored in the cloud, on the PC and with Google, nothing beats having it on the phone where it's accessible at any given moment.

Message 15 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another good thing is Samsung devices come with a two year warranty so it's covered for the whole duration of a 2 year contract.
Message 16 of 98

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Whilst you may well manage with 32 of go for the 64 to be safe.
It will also be quicker when you get some apps on it too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 17 of 98

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

All my devices are Samsung and synchronise perfectly with each other. ...apart from The Nexus 7 which is probably worth very little now and which I would like to change for another 4G device.

Message 18 of 98

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous
Go 64gb, part of the reason Samsung's photos and videos are so much better, is because they don't over compress the images or videos, I.e they are larger size.
Also bear in mind the system storage is quite large leaving much less for you to use.
The price difference between the two (32/64) isn't as bad as the 128 tier so consider going for the larger one if budget allows it.

Message 19 of 98

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
@Anonymous
Go 64gb, part of the reason Samsung's photos and videos are so much better, is because they don't compress the images or videos, I.e they are larger size.
Also bear in mind the system storage is quite large leaving much less for you to use.
The price difference between the two (32/64) isn't as bad as the 128 tier so consider going for the larger one if budget allows it.

64GB would definitely be my choice and the one you should go for.

Message 20 of 98