cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently ordered a new phone, this was a Saturday. When I ordered it I was told 48 hour delivery. When I hadn't received it on the Thursday I contacted O2 through the live chat. The phone, they told me, had been sent by Royal Mail, not UK Mail. The operator would not or could not tell me why I had been given a UK Mail consignment Number.

Then I received a text message saying my order had been delayed and could I contact the help desk quoting the UK Mail consignment number. I did this yesterday and was told by the operator at UK Mail that they had scanned in the phone on Sunday but didn't know where it was now, so he would investigate and phone me back. They did call me back to tell me they had never had the phone.

Back to O2. had the phone been sent Royal Mail or UK Mail? Answer: UK Mail. So why was I told Royal Mail? No answer. Could I check again on the UK Mail web site?

UK Mail tracking said received on Sunday Delivery Tuesday, Status 01 undelivered, Delayed.

Back on the phone to UK Mail. "I'll get in touch with the depot and they will call you back in 3/4 to an hour. Two hours later I phoned UK Mail yet again. "The depot has not responded I'll chase them up and get back to you." Still waiting.

Will I ever get the phone? I am beginning to wonder if I ever will.

Am I alone in this or have others had similar dealings with O2 and UK Mail? How did they respond and what did you do to get a positive outcome?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would either arrange to collect it from your most local O2 store or cancel the online upgrade, and do it in the shop.

I would also put my thoughts in writing here.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

What you choose to do is obviously up to you.

I would suggest you obtain payg sims for the other networks your interested in and trial them out for a week or so where you live , work and commute to ensure they give good signal.
Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would contact O2 customer services on 202 or From a landline 0844 809 0202 > 5p / min and let them deal with this.

It's not your place to chase couriers.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Sadly it looks like o2 will be blaming UK Mail and UK Mail will say it's o2's fault.

Does UK Mail actually have your phone ?

If so, o2 needs to chase it up with them, but also I would contact o2 Complaint dept and push them to do it fast.

I complained online via chat and saved all the conversations for future references as had issues with o2 myself, always good to have a back up.

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Uk Mail scanned your phone = they had it at one point

UK Mail / Royal Mail confusion = confused advisor, we never send phones by RM.  Sim cards yes, phones or anything over £20 - Nope.

What happens now = Are we now talking 10ish days since we dispatched the phone?  If yes get in touch with O2 over the phone and ask for a replacement and not to have to pay the line rental for the time you've not had your phone.  O2 will then take it up with UK Mail.  Not your problem, you're not the courier's client.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
My point exactly Pabio.

wink
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup slight_smile - just expanding a little.

In general UK Mail are pretty decent - there's no such thing as a perfect courier but UK Mail are the best of the usual suspects in the courier market (ie companies with the scale to deal with a client of O2's size.

The thing that lets them down is a lack of effective controls - the courier drivers/depot have very little in control exercised on them.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

UK Mail finally got back to me saying, "We have never had the phone."

"So how did you scan it a week last Sunday?" I asked. Mumbled reply about tracking numbers.

"We haven't got it, you need to talk to O2." Was their final reply.

Back to live chat. Your phone will be delivered "as soon as possible. It is with UK Mail you need to speak to them."

"No I don't," I said "They are your sub contractor not mine. My contract is with you for the phone with 48 hour delivery. You have failed to provide that. It is your job to contact UK Mail, not mine."

"UK Mail will deliver the phone as soon as possible." She said.

"How can they they haven't got it?" I answered.

Again she said that I need to contact UK Mail. As this was getting me nowhere I tried phoning the O2 Customer service. After a 20 minute wait I got through. They were happy to call UK Mail could I hold? "UK Mail are not answering. I'll keep trying and call you back."

Now I am waiting for another call back. In the meantime I think I may have the answer. There are other providers, which one's best?

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would either arrange to collect it from your most local O2 store or cancel the online upgrade, and do it in the shop.

I would also put my thoughts in writing here.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

What you choose to do is obviously up to you.

I would suggest you obtain payg sims for the other networks your interested in and trial them out for a week or so where you live , work and commute to ensure they give good signal.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UK Mail finally got back to me saying, "We have never had the phone."

"So how did you scan it a week last Sunday?" I asked. Mumbled reply about tracking numbers.

"We haven't got it, you need to talk to O2." Was their final reply.

Back to live chat. Your phone will be delivered "as soon as possible. It is with UK Mail you need to speak to them."

"No I don't," I said "They are your sub contractor not mine. My contract is with you for the phone with 48 hour delivery. You have failed to provide that. It is your job to contact UK Mail, not mine."

"UK Mail will deliver the phone as soon as possible." She said.

"How can they they haven't got it?" I answered.

Again she said that I need to contact UK Mail. As this was getting me nowhere I tried phoning the O2 Customer service. After a 20 minute wait I got through. They were happy to call UK Mail could I hold? "UK Mail are not answering. I'll keep trying and call you back."

Now I am waiting for another call back. In the meantime I think I may have the answer. There are other providers, which one's best?

CS have to speak to UK Mail to verify what you've said about things.  They'll call you back once they've spoken to UK Mail.  It can take a wee while as UK Mail are sometimes hard to get hold of.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the op has lost faith and confidence.

This mess is between O2 and the courier service.

O2's duty of care is to provide the hardware within the time frame specified.
Message 10 of 13