Did you mean: 

Credit file

Ange11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I am having an issue with getting a response from 02 credit file team and really unhappy with this due to an error on  02 part which has been eating away at my credit score for 2 years. The 02 account states opened and closed in 2019 (decided against going with 02) with 2 credit scoring companies  but still remains defaulting on the 3rd credit score company. I am getting no response what so ever when I am emailing 02 and the credit score company have said they can't do anything unless 02 instruct them.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

@Ange11 

You need to raise this as a dispute with the Credit Reference Agency, the best one to do this with is via TransUnion. 

They are correct in saying they can't do anything unless o2 tell them but a dispute pushes this process along.

The credit referrals team can take a minimum of 15 days to get back to you, and it can take a while to update your credit file.

Did you leave any outstanding charges with o2 for out of bundle charges, as daft as it seems o2 have to report even 20p to the CRA's if it is left outstanding.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Ange11
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

I have raised a dispute with TransUnion who then emailed to say I had to contact 02, which I did and was told the credit referral team would contact me back by email. Still no response from them after chasing it. 

Nothing is due as advised by a call handler from 02. I decide against the contract within the timeframe but they still took money out my account for the first month which I had to dispute through my bank and never got back. 

The account is settled on the other two credit score companies. 

Very frustrating

Message 3 of 4

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Ange11 I'll drop you a PM to get more information about your situation.

Message 4 of 4