cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer rights with mobile phones

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello..

so i have  a sony compact z1 10 weeks old on a 24 month contract which has been giving me problems by not turning on for a number of weeks.

Ive eventually managed to pop it into a 02 center today for a repair.

however they have contacted me today to let me know that the phone is not covered for repair as i have opened the phone up and tried to repair a solder joint....WTF....!!!!!!!. These phones are sealed unit and as far as im aware the backs dont come off..

After i make her aware of what phone it is she tells me there is a dent on the phone which has caused the issue.The phone is in perfect condition,, how do i know them fools havnt dropped the phone.

so as a consumer who knows full well the phone has not been tamperd with in anyway,where do i stand..they want £65 to repair it makes me so angry i want to cancel my contract this second but then the fools will have me on terms and condition. the problem is its crappy sony and there usless designs.

as of now i am so annoyed and sick of 02 and mobile phones as a whole,, you squeeze so much tech into a tiny peice of brittle plastic and expect everything to work.

i will be going into the 02 store with my father in law who is very legaly minded.

(please ignore typos and mispelled words as of this moment in time grammer is the last thing on my mind.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok well after speaking to a rep (Raul) from complaints via live chat this problem has been resolved and the faulty z1 is being replaced with a refurbished model but im not to worried as im sure it will work.

my faith in 02 has been restored.  and i shall not be purchasing any sony device or tech in future as there standards in production is shocking in my experience.

Thankyou and goodbye..

Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Glad it's resolved for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

and i shall not be purchasing any sony device or tech in future as there standards in production is shocking in my experience.

It's only Sony mobile devices where the build quality & customer care is now non existent.

There are plenty of true horror stories over on the official Sony mobile forum.

Sony home cinema & audio kit on the other hand is very well built & there customer care dept is also very good.

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to hear. 

A more reasonable result than having to pay for a repair. 

slight_smile

Message 14 of 14