cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling O2 sim only contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had O2 pay as you go for 12 years. Got a call offering me a contract with loyalty discount, turns out it costs more for less megabytes data! I called this number 03448090202 and cancelled however I and was told a direct debit wil be taken, and all I can do is cancel that in advance through my bank, or wait 14 days and I will get a refund. Not sure I can trust the direct debit will be refunded or the contract cancelled. It is within the 14 day cooling off period. Anyone else tested this?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149436 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28497 Solutions
You must leave the direct debit and allow O2 to take the payment. Otherwise the system will mark it as a default and cause you more problems.
O2 will refund you 14 days after payment is taken (they will, for sure) so that is the best way to deal with it.
Also, make sure you call back to confirm the contract is cancelled, in a few days time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149436 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28497 Solutions
You must leave the direct debit and allow O2 to take the payment. Otherwise the system will mark it as a default and cause you more problems.
O2 will refund you 14 days after payment is taken (they will, for sure) so that is the best way to deal with it.
Also, make sure you call back to confirm the contract is cancelled, in a few days time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Confirming what @MI5 says above, do not cancel the DD until O2 have sorted it out.

They will not steal your money.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 3