cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor and uncaring customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

How sad that after 20 years as a loyal  customerwho always paid ontime,, i am cancelling my contract due to the uncaring attitude shown toward me by 02 when my phone and everything else i had  were stolen in Bangkok 3 hours after arriving. Despite reporting the theft to 02  the theives still managed to use my phone and racked up £143 of calls,02 have charged me and would not offer help in anyway they made it clear that it was my problem not 02s,the only person who showed any interest (i spoke to 3 people) raised a claim for me and said i would be contacted in 3 to 5 days but,of course i heard nothing ,just found my bill for the month included the fraudulant calls.Again, i say how sad that a company i trusted and gave loyalty to treated me in such a shabby way.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Hi,
Very sorry to hear about your experiences both with the theft, then with the customer service. Can you confirm, we're the charged calls made before or after you notified o2 of the theft?
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If customer services via 202 cannot help any further even after ringing again to speak to another agent then perhaps consider http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

As you have mentioned Cancelling your contract.

Ref cancelling some help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

However if your contract has not run full term you will have to pay a winding up fee which is typically the amount of months left to run minus any insurance or bolt ons.

If on Refresh it would be the handset plan to pay up.

If you wish to keep your number ask for a pac code. When the new network uses this within 28 days of you obtaining it this will cancel your contract and any fees then are payable.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Do not cancel any direct debits for a month or so after cancelling.

Ensure any new network gives you good signal by trying out their Payg SIM cards first.
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately those are the terms and conditions that you are responsible for all calls until the phone is reported to O2. Sad I know but personally I would try calling again if you are back in the UK. Some advisers are more sympathetic than others and may meet you half way.

Unfortunate circumstances indeed, I was there last week. Bear in mind that all networks operate under the same terms.

Message 4 of 11

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi SriTony,

I'm Toby, the community coordinator.

Sorry to hear you've had this happen and feel free to send me a private message so that we can have a chat.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just a word of advice for the next phone/contract you get.
Put both a phone and sim pin lock on so that neither the phone nor the sim card can be used if it gets stolen again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today, slightly 2 years after I had 2 iPhones stolen from my old address, did they bother to communicate with me.

I tried, for some time, get onto the website to pass on information, but the sites aren't working (Essex Area) now for several months.

I was passed around by a couple of people, who FINALLY told me the two numbers I've been payng for.

I didn't know them originally as the 2 phones and cards were stolen from my car on the day I purchased them.

Their website is in a terrible state and they kept telling me 'it works'.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm a bit confused....?
Are you saying you haven't reported the loss of 2 phones, stolen from you 2 years ago....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You don't need the web site to report stolen or lost phones:

Lost or stolen device

If your phone has been lost or stolen, we're available 24 hours a day to help. We can block your phone and sim and send you a new sim with your existing number once we've spoken to you.

If you're a Pay Monthly customer, call us on:
0344 809 0202, or +44 344 809 0202 if you're abroad.

If you're a Pay & Go customer you'll need to call:
0344 809 0222 or +44 344 809 0222 if you're abroad.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm totally confused.  They were stolen from your address or your car?  Why would you leave 2 brand new iPhones in the car on the day you bought them? 

Presumably you reported it to the police and O2 at the time and the sims and the phones were blocked?  Possibility of the phones being replaced by car insurance? 

You were probably contacted after 2 years because you were due to upgrade? 

Message 10 of 11