cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Signal getting worse and worse!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

About a year ago I changed from EE to O2 and I have regretted it every since. The reason I changed was because of the good offers from O2 at the time. and now I can understand why they were giving such good offers. The signal were I live and work is totally useless, I hardly get any signal, the only real time I get 4G is when I at home (which is pointless as I connect to Wi-fi then) Spoke to O2 on a few occasions but all they say is - 'Signal is fine in your area' and they have no problems. Well o2 try sitting in my office at work and NEVER getting a signal for calls or internet!! Try getting your text messages or missed called after you have driven 20 minutes and they all start coming through. I am not the only one in a very large office that has this problem with o2 either so it is not my phone (as they have tried to tell me).

The TU Go app is just a useless I try to connect to the company wi-fi and still have the time it says 'delivery failed' in the app and dont even bother trying through the phone.

This has come to a head VERY recently - My partner and I have just had a baby and when my partner went into labour she couldnt get hold of me, I was in a meeting at work in one of the many offices we have in the building, she couldnt get through on my mobile and it took someone 20 minutes to track me down when she called the office number. This is a JOKE, you try and complain and they do nothing, you say about leaving your contract and they want the shirt off your back to do this. I feel something needs to be done, when your in a contract you are obliged to honor that contract, I do every month by paying my bill, however o2 do not as I DONT get a signal in half the places I go. As a consumer you have no rights at all when it comes to a mobile company, all they say is they checked there signal and it is fine, well you try sit in your office were you spend 8 hours of your day and NOT get a signal, try nearly potentially missing the birth of your child because you have NO signal, try wondering if you will miss an emergency because you have NO signal I try use my phone for sat nav and it doesnt work, my partner on EE uses her's with no problems at all.

I have resorted to actually having a cheap pay as you go on EE just so my partner can get hold of me

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can only go with the network that works best for you, it sounds like yours is EE.

If it doesn't work outside it could be a fault with your phone or the sim card.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 18

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hi,

You're not the only person to have these problems, but as you say you're in s contract.

I'm guessing you're not on a refresh contract then? If u are tou can pay off your handset and leave early.

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can understand I can only go for a network that is best for me.

However when choosing o2 I had the signal checked with my home and work postcode and was assured that the signal was good in those areas. So I went with it on that recommendation (from a well know phone shop) Unfortunitly I went away the day or so after getting my contract and by the time I was back was out of the cooling off period so again o2 were no help whatsoever.

My signal works outside and in quite a few places but cuts out all the time, As I have said others in the same building as me have the same problem with signal in the office and in the grounds. I have to say on rare moments, I seem to get 4g in the carpark but that is few and far between so the thoughts behind it being my phone or sim are slim seeming that about 6 people around me have the same problem with o2. This doesnt also take into account the poor app that is TU Go

My anger is more to do with the fact that mobile companies are a closed book, they have one way of checking signal in your area and thats that, they are in breach of contract but the law is on there side, I have put up with this for a year however they want over £400 for me to come out of my contract early if I want to leave them. If anything did happen to my family and they could not get hold of me because of the lack of signal then I am sure a solicitor would be keen to hear my thoughts or a watchdog. it is time companies are made responsible for breaching the contract even if 'the computer says the signal is OK'

Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

A poor show I agree. You must have the patience of a saint though, as I doubt I would have put up with this for a year. I know its expensive to buy yourself out of a contract but by changing networks ..at least you would have had a phone that works..

You could try to complain..http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

As an afterthought ...you could turn off 4G...and work with 2 or 3G. It not a perfect solution but may work in the interim..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi no funny enough I am not on a refresh contract as o2 have got round this as well as they only offer this if you brought it from them direct not through a 3rd party.

Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

See my edit (about turning off 4G....and working with 2-3G only)...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have complained and got nowhere again I get the signal is fine or they have looked into my complaint and the signal in my area is fine same story.

The reason why I have not paid the £400 odd to come out of my contract is why should I give them my money and get nothing for it, so I use my phone as much as possible or let others use it when I have a signal.

The only way I have stay calm is by buying the cheap PAYG for emergencies and top up rarley

Message 8 of 18

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
That's true of u bought from CPW then refresh isn't an option!

Definitely try the complaints route, u never know you may get somewhere!

Message 9 of 18

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
^ ahh I see you've complained already, have u thought about emailing the CEO? If you google it, it's easy to find!

Message 10 of 18