cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't wait to get rid of 02.. paying for a service you don't get!

JB-2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm sick to death of paying for this sim only deal. I don't get signal anywhere and the 4/5g is just as crap.. I've got an EE sim and it's miles better than this rip off service.. you should be allowed to leave when you don't get the service you're supposed to. It's an absolute joke. They did nothing when I made a complaint and shut the case month's later. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7821 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

Not one of the regulars on here sing O2's praises. If you actually read many of the posts they can be very critical.

All are customers like you.

Yes, taking on Virgin has put a strain on an already congested network, nobody denies that.

There is a massive lack of bandwidth in places on O2. In some cases the fix may be relatively simple, in other it need major infrastructure.

We always recommend checking out networks first using PAYG SIM cards. Coverage maps only tell part of the story. Signal strength and signal quality are two different things. Maps only show the strength aspect.

Personally I find calling the regulars on here 'cheerleaders' rather insulting.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 11 of 15

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38267 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions
Message 12 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Pipstop78
Level 11: Motivator
  • 630 Posts
  • 248 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

You are preaching to the wrong convent! If you don't like what is said in your thread don't bother to jot any thing down. We are all customers on here and we do not work for 02!!

Message 14 of 15

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9098 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Leaving_this_cr wrote:

Do love the cheerleaders on here rushing to O2's defence. Maybe all these extra customers for VM are the reason why their network is so congested and you can't download a webpage let alone a movie. Put a complaint in with O2 2 months ago now, received an email today asking me what my mobile number is (provided in my complaint). 

• Terrible data speeds
  • Shocking customer service
  • Overpriced

Why you lot are singing their hymn sheet is beyond me.

I do not think that any of the regulars on here @Leaving_this_cr are cheerleaders for O2, but I do feel that some of the points that you have made require a response. 

For all networks, geography is an important factor. In the areas that I frequent, O2 is the best and most consistent network across calls, texts and mobile data. I am well aware that this is not the case in many areas, which is why we often suggest to community members that they experiment with PAYG SIMs and use the network that works in their circumstances. 

The customer service at O2 is mediocre, but is roughly on a par with two of the other MNOs and is significantly better than the third MNO. That is not our view, but the opinion of the readers of Which? magazine :-

Tesco Named Best UK Mobile Operator in Which? 2024 Survey - ISPreview UK

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/04/smarty-named-best-uk-mobile-operator-in-which-2024-sur...

The headline prices of O2 are expensive, but substantial discounts can be obtained by using the likes of Uswitch. My view is that those who shop around and take advantage of sales etc are likely to find that two MNOs are dearer than O2 and that one is cheaper. 

There is a lot of taste and fancy in choosing a network and we all use our 'phones differently. I think that it is fair to say that the regulars on here try to help subscribers make informed and fact-based decisions.  

Message 15 of 15