cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my wife get an Nhs discount on a SIM only upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I have got an Nhs discount and included my wife as a friend so she could get this also.
She has just upgraded on SIM deal only as I gave her my old mobile. When she showed the assistant at the store her code number he said the discount only applied on an o2 refresh deal and not a SIM card only upgrade, therefore she was not eligible.
Can anyone advise if this is correct?
Thanks
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94137 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

you need to have a friend or family member who works for O2 to have this particular discount applied.

Message 10 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
To use an open code yes it has to be on a refresh tariff.

Faqs https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

"I want to get a Simplicity (SIM only) deal as I don't need a new phone. Can I benefit from O2 Open?
No. The O2 Open deal is only available on O2 Refresh Airtime Plans."
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 149658 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28518 Solutions
To use on a simo you need a friends & family discount code...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi bandofbrothers...I accept your reply that she is not eligible but am confused now as MI5 says the opposite and that my wife is entitled to it .
Can someone please clarify this or direct me to where I need to be.
Much appreciated
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 94137 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ,

Sorry for my late reply to your question.

It's as jonsie says.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Discount-open-family-and-friends/td-p/564766
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 149658 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28518 Solutions
Yeah sorry I wasn't clear.
There are 2 types of discount F&F and OPEN.
F&F can be used on any tariff whereas OPEN can only be used on Refresh (all have to be taken directly from O2 so CPW or any other 3rd party reseller does not qualify either).
Hope that's a better explanation...... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 94137 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers for explaining this guys. Where do I go to be directed to friends and family discount though?
Message 9 of 14

jonsie
  • 94137 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

you need to have a friend or family member who works for O2 to have this particular discount applied.

Message 10 of 14