cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont know if it been covered before but I have just had my bill and have various calls to customer services that have an huge cost to them only trying to pay bills and end up costing more than the bill What is going on!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/Number-Checker/Check-a-Number-Results.aspx?ncn=09838380202 not even o2 run it.

But it also appears on a gifgaff forum post???

this is where the scam comes from it is a redirect service http://www.servicenumber.co.uk/O2.html report to phone pay plus immediatly and lodge a complaint.

If you have the chat log that gave the number raise a complaint with o2 as well.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you google o2 service number or o2 customer number there are two ads at the top. Wife was in a hurry and just rang number without reading on.Calls cost £1.53 per minute from a BT landline plus network extras DONT GET CAUGHT OUT BY THIS!!! Thanks for all your replies 

As stated above  its a redirect service..

Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145047 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
What a rip off.... I think you'd be hard pushed to get O2 to take the blame but you may get a gesture of goodwill.... Should be a warning at the top of the forum about this http://www.servicenumber.co.uk/O2.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I would as you have now told us it was a google search you got the number from still raise a complaint with the regulator phone pay plus as linked in other posts.

Just use the o2 website in future to get the numbers or get them loaded as a contact on your phone

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you google customer service no for a lot of companies it shows a premium rate no from a third party site. I work for BT cust service, I don't think this no is endorsed by O2 it's a third party company making money by u calling their premium rate no then they direct the call to the cheaper rate 08____ no. O2 wouldn't give u the premium rate no they have no reason to. I don't think O2 would compensate for this call - if they did however I'd consider myself lucky!
Message 15 of 15