cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Cheating by O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whenever I dial 800 number (which is supposed to be free) with preceeding zero, I have been advised to dial without preceeding 0 to make the calls free of cost, by O2 system

But this month I end up getting huge bill only because of a signle 800 number (08000731685). This is unfortunately a customer care number. So I have been forced to be on hold for longer duration.

Cost of the callse made only to this number is equivalent to my monthly rental cost!
I still left with 300 unused mints

i think O2 has started making different cheap and cheating tactics to make money frm the customer

In addition to this, I have been forced to sign a insurance while purchasing this mobile. I was told, it is free for first two months and I need to extend if i like to do so.

I have informed several times not to extend insurance. In spite of that, I have been deducted for insurance continously.

thatz the reason, this bloody guys ask for direct debit.

Big Cheaters on the earth!
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Is this the Friday night libel thread? 😐
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this the Friday night libel thread? 😐

Quite, if I was going to resurrect a three year old thread I would have read it through first to make sure I didn't end up with egg on my face.
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so the original post was back in 2008, but I also just experienced this mystery message and googled it to see what it was about.
I have to agree with everyone who thinks the message is misleading. The statement that the current number is not free and that you should redial without the leading zero in no way implies that you accept the charging.
Consider this:
"Hey buddy, whatcha doing?"
"Oh, I'm just dialing this 0800 1234 5678 number"
"You know that's not free. You should dial 800 1234 5678"
The implication would always be that dialling the new number makes the original number free of charge.
Of course, common sense means that many people (including myself) would take the pessimistic view and assume the number would be charged anyhow, but the message should definitely make it clearer.
FWIW, making the user redial is lame.
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
It clearly states 0800 numbers are not free from mobile phones as you cant dial 0800. You are instrucrted to call removing the 0 to still make the call but its charged.
So if you then go to do this, you are charged for the call, its quite a easy message to understand.
Regarding the insurance yes you have signed up with a 3rd party who do tricks like this, o2 never tricked you the company you set the phone up have.
So to say o2 play big tricks based on your reason is laughable you are wrong, its with the copmany who set the insurance up with you.
So it be better to say the company you set your contract up with is playing tricks not o2.
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Access to the number you have dialled is not free of charge from mobile phones, please redial without the first zero"
That's the exact message.
I don't agree that it implies that redialling without the first zero will make the call free. I think it's good that o2 have put this message in place to make sure you're aware that the number will be chargeable.
Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like to think I'm not thick but I agree that this is a bizarre and ambiguous message.
It may not state that redialling makes the call free, but there is a certain intimation there and I'm not surprised that some people are confused.
I accept that certain numbers have to be entered without the first zero (no idea why) but the message regarding the charge is in the wrong place IMHO.
Maybe:
"Access to the number you have dialled is not possible from your mobile. Please redial without the first zero. This call will not be free of charge"
would be clearer. Perhaps not.
SV
Message 16 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
I have to agree, it is ambiguous and I can understand people expecting a free call by dropping the first zero. Even though it's common knowledge by most people that 0800 numbers are not free from a mobile, I do have some sympathy with the OP.
Your wording is much clearer SV and O2 should think of changing the OGM along those lines.
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is very misleading.

Asking to redial the number without the leading 0 is alot like a wink wink nudge nudge, getta free call udiggg.

I mean why would you need to redial anyway, surely o2 could just say the message 'this is not free', then just automatically redirect the call to 800xxxxxxx?

Consider this:-

'I'm sorry there is a lack of oxygen your going to die', 'please put on your face mask'

you always assume the 2nd statement is the solution and the wise thing to do to get around the 1st statement. So yes it is very misleading. Anyone who thinks its not is simply an o2 fan boi/girl

Message 18 of 20

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

This thread was begun five years ago, and the last time anyone posted on it was two years ago. Why are you trying to resurrect it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the whole message should be dropped. The Ts and Cs tell you 0800/0845/0870 isn't free so why you should need to be reminded when dialling is beyond me.

This is of course assuming that people read the Ts and Cs...
Message 20 of 20