Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase monthly charge without customer approved

Chen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I phoned in April 2023 to ask the team to check my bills, because of that the price rises to £65 from £55 WITHOUT MY APPROVAL. My contact 24 months end in October 2023.  

I was told to pay off £196.50 for my device so they can change my tariff to sim only. Unfortunately I didn’t bring my credits card with me. 

I phoned today 12/05/23 to pay. I am very upset what they told differently. They asked me to pay £341.71 which is more than what I need to pay in next 5 months , £65 x 5 = £ 330.  I am not sure how they do the math on this one. I am feeling it is better to just say NOT to the customers rather than making a stupid deal. If a customer is not aware that they pay for , they would pay the fee for nothing but another 5 months of fee extra to use a mobile service . It is a set up, cheating customer like a idol. 

My points are 1 contract is contract you should keep your price to the end of it. 2 please do prove your information correctly , so we don’t waste our time. 

in this case , I will never to have any mobile phone contract from any service provider specially the O2 !!! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148511 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28417 Solutions

@Chen 

If on refresh you only pay off what you owe on the device plan. Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

However, if a standard contract, it is the number of monthly payments remaining multiplied by your monthly cost.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38107 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

It sounds like you are talking about the RPI increase, @Chen, which you signed up to when you took out your contract - this year, any new contracts taken out after 23-Mar-2023 will be immune from the RPI until 3rd week of March 2024 or so. 

Sadly with high inflation this year and VMO2's insistence on the annual rise being 3.9% PLUS the 10.4% UK rate of inflation in February of each year, it has hit a lot of people with expensive tariffs or (non-Refresh) bundles quite hard this year.

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices

pgn_0-1683449313822.png

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23869 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3765 Solutions

@Chen Your price increase was the annual RPI: https://www.o2.co.uk/prices

It was done over every network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2