cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any good phone retailers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract has expired and I have been looking for a new phone contract. The only retailers I could find are Carphone Warehouse (too expensive), mobiles.co.uk (bad reviews) and mobilephonesdirect.co.uk (probably would go with that one). I want to get an iPhone 6s or 7. Do you know of any better retailers with good prices?

Thank you in advance slight_smile

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've used mobilephonesdirect.co.uk in the past and they were fine but they no longer do o2 contracts.
mobiles.co.uk is the online version of CPW.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 do good deals on the iPhone 6s

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/apple/iphone-6s/

Message 3 of 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I got my latest phone through mobiles.co.uk.
I think so long as you know what you are doing they are fine, although I phoned up to order after browsing their website.
It all depends what you want - brand new handset or one that has been out a few months, lots of minutes/texts/data and who covers the area(s) that you frequent.
My O/H's contract is with a blue and white store as she is not worried about an all singing and dancing phone (;-)) and she is more than happy...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have seen a lot of negative reviews about them but I also found the cheapest contract from them. So I won't get scammed and will receive the phone?
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your tips slight_smile

Message 6 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah they are legit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
As said, mobiles.co.uk are part of the Carphone Warehouse group, so they are a legit company.
I have had my 2nd cashback cheque from them (just need to actually bank it...) so all good for me!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 24

TheSaneOne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am sick of o2 slagging off mobiles.co.uk. I bought my s6 contract from them because they were the cheapest and i've had ZERO problems. The only thing you DON'T get with any third party o2 contract is o2 refresh, which for me isn't an issue because i never upgrade before my contract has expired - I personally think "o2 refresh" is a con.    I would recommend using moneysupermarket.com and comparing deals that way. slight_smile
Message 9 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I wasn't aware anyone was slagging off anyone on the thread?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 24