Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch OS 9.3 and O2 Airtime Plan Connectivity

Justin23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apple has just released Apple Watch OS 9.3 and it has resolved my problem with not being able to connect my watch to my O2 Apple Watch Airtime Plan. Following the update, my AWAP magically appeared in the Mobile Data section of the AW app. I have tested it outside away from the phone and wifi and was able to make a call. I know that many users have had a raft of issues (eg. error ref code 14) with connecting to and maintaining connection to their data plan and that support staff have tried hard to resolve the issue, but if you still have a problem, update your Watch OS to 9.3 before seeking further help.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36404 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Superb news, @Justin23 - one for @Martin-O2 or @Breanna to make a note of, as well as all the O2 Advisors that may breathe a collective sigh of relief: Apple Watch OS 9.3

Message 2 of 12

Justin23
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just one more bit of information about updating Apple Watch to OS 9.3, in case you don't seem to be able to action the update. I've just read on TheApplePost that the iPhone linked to the watch needs to have the latest, just released, iOS 16.3 installed in order to do it. This may update the Watch app, which of course could have been part of the problem of the error code 14, etc, saga.

Message 3 of 12

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36404 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

So before anything else, provided it is an iPhone 8 or higher: update the phone to iOS 16.3 and the watch update should follow to OS 9.3 - and, lo...

...it all magically falls into place and O2-connected iPhone/iWatch combos will work as they should!  Thanks, @Justin231!

Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123309 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Excellent news @Justin23 

Let's all hope this is the magic fix on the longest running 'saga' this community has seen for quite some time 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

chris52
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had my hopes up, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have solved my problem with maintaining a data connection.

(My symptoms are that the plan is present on the watch, and it can connect to the network to make/receive calls, but it loses data connection then remains offline for data purposes until it's powercycled; at which point data will work for a short period - less than 20 minutes - before returning to the offline state)

Message 6 of 12

chris52
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update from my previous post: Actually, it might have made a difference.

Today, after restarting the watch outdoors, I was able to go for a 30 minute outdoor run and the watch stayed connected with data – which wasn't happening before.

I still needed to restart it to begin with though. I don't get good reception indoors where I live so maybe that's a contributing factor. My tests yesterday were done indoors.

So I have some hope again, but more time is needed to test if it's going to reliably work.

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123309 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Thanks for your update @chris52 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Hammertime
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sounds like the problems I am having - only my software is up to date 

Message 9 of 12

Vamp
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 16.3

Apple Watch Ultra running 9.3

Everything up too date, rebooted, hard rebooted and still stuck at activating since 14/01/23 😞 

Message 10 of 12