Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple 8 Watch - No Cellular Data avaliable

LilMisSparkle85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Myself and my partner purchased new Apple Watch 8’s on Monday. My partner also purchased a new iPhone 14 pro and I a SIM only contact as my phone is fairly new. Our watches and phones were set up in store for us. However we have noticed our watches say no cellular data. 3 different people at 02 have given us different answers. We have tried connecting mobile data via the watch app but comes up with error code 160. 1 person at 02 said she would reset the Esim, give it 24hrs. Nothing. Next lady said it was a software issue. Apple; who I was put through to yesterday said software is all up to date and he can see an Esim But no airtime plan attached to it. Lady I spoke to today said we have an Esim for the phones but not for the watches, so has ordered us new Esims for the watches. I’m so confused, as surely the 02 store should have sorted this out when they set the watches up? Could it have anything to do with the fact that our numbers have come over from Tesco mobile? Just a bit annoyed that we are paying for airtime for the watches but can’t use it as the watches say we don’t have it. We can only use the watches via Bluetooth when near the phones. Please help!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37129 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1690 Solutions

This one is for the O2 Advisor tomorrow morning, @LilMisSparkle85 - I'll tag @O2Sarah- who is the advisor on tomorrow, hopefully she gets back to you asking for info to follow up.

And yes, coming from TescoMobile to O2 has presented O2 with a few challenges in past weeks with error 160 on this particular setup with iPhone and watch. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

LilMisSparkle85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry Error code is 106. Thank you 🙂

Message 3 of 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37129 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1690 Solutions

@LilMisSparkle85 wrote:

Sorry Error code is 106. Thank you 🙂

I meant 106 as well, @LilMisSparkle85 - after 8am tomorrow, hopefully.

Message 4 of 5

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@LilMisSparkle85 I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 5 of 5