cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 log in gave me a virus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recieved a text message saying I owed 36 pounds on a phone bill. I logged into my 02 account to check and I was told that the next page wasn't protected. I was on the offical 02 website I can't stress that enough. I closed it quickly and I didn't think about it until I got a pop up with what appears to be something transfering files to an unknown location.

I want to warn people trying to log into their account to be careful. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If your existing AV is not finding anything the malware could be obscuring itself.

You could download the ISO of Kaspersky Rescue Disc here: https://support.kaspersky.com/4162, preferably on a 'clean' PC, burn to DVD and boot from that to scan your PC.

Of course it may just be some benign software with an update in background option set, but better safe slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try taking your computer back a week or so.

Look in download.com for free security sweep programmes.
Message 12 of 15

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Just to save my poor head if it appears screenshot it.

It's unlikely to be O2 but you never know these days. (I haven't seen anything on my end)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just like that eBay protect scam where you need to check the address in the header & shouldn't have protect in it
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would be very surprised if this is due to the official O2 website.

However, as Liquid said a quick screenshot of what is happening should enable us all to better evaluate the situation.
Message 15 of 15