Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 COST OF A NEXUS 4

MrQuandary
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone tell me why 02 aren't being shown-up for having a dirty-tricks department. They must have one; how else can you explain a company that would gobble-up all the Google Nexus 4 handsets that would normally cost £269 from Google, and hike the price to £400?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
There's a bright future there for an imagination like that wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

It would take them 10 years to set one up and then it wouldn't work!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 26

MI5
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@MrQuandary wrote:

It isn't as though I can go elsewhere to get one at the 'fair' price.

Doesn't this fact alone answer your own question?

They are the same price everywhere outside of Google own store and Amazon are doing them for well over £500 - It's called supply and demand  Smiley LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 26

MI5
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

It would take them 10 years to set one up and then it wouldn't work!

Please call 202 free from your mobile if you are having problems with our "dirty tricks" and we'll put you through to the relevant Guru based in Nigeria........

Currently using:
Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't Area 51 supposed to be the dirty tricks areaSmiley Very Happy seriously if you don't like how much the phone costs, find a cheaper phone suited to your budget 

Message 15 of 26

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I got a NEXUS 4 from the play store the second time around. Took another 2 weeks before it got delivered as Google really screwed up the allocation method and demand - go read the thread over at XDA developers for some idea.

Worth the 279 though but if you're impatient spend a bit more and there are better value android phones - and yes Google has heavily subsidised it - out there that will compensate for its limitations. By the time you see any decent stock availability on play it would have been outspecced by Samsung and look out for the ZTE models about to be released.

Message 16 of 26

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@MrQuandary wrote:

Can anyone tell me why 02 aren't being shown-up for having a dirty-tricks department. They must have one; how else can you explain a company that would gobble-up all the Google Nexus 4 handsets that would normally cost £269 from Google, and hike the price to £400?

And 3 have also got it so kind of puts that theory into the forum recycle bin.
Message 17 of 26

MrQuandary
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the 'intelligent' response Sheepdog, I was hoping there'd be one. Nonetheless, it still seems to me that I'm prevented from buying Nexus4 at the Google price because 02 (and 3 if what you say is true) are given priority to buy the stock and hike the price.
Message 18 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 don't subsidise the handset like independents or in this case google does, so either be patient & wait for stock to arrive or take a dive into a store that has it & get one if you are needing it ASAP 

Message 19 of 26

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@MrQuandary wrote:
Thanks for the 'intelligent' response Sheepdog, I was hoping there'd be one. Nonetheless, it still seems to me that I'm prevented from buying Nexus4 at the Google price because 02 (and 3 if what you say is true) are given priority to buy the stock and hike the price.

Actually that's where I'd literally got to after the 2nd week of practically no news from Google. Its amazing what a bit of conspiracy and impatience can do to you. 

Though what I didn't mention that LG themselves are selling to retailers at the higher price rather than Google dictating the price point. But yes, if a big company comes along and you know they've got the money without having to pay out loads of card fees then the priority shifts to supplying the immediate income rather than the end customer. 

Message 20 of 26