cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staying with O2 but changing provider

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a small number of phones across different O2 providers with different contract end dates.

How does one go about harmonising these into an arrangement with a single provider? Currently one of the providers is suggesting we need to pay termination fees. This doesn’t sound right as we aren’t leaving O2.

Any advice? Useful contacts?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousI'm not sure this is feasible as you say they all have different contract end dates. Your best bet is to contact customer services and ask them.. Please don't use live chat...

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have just thought of a possible way round this. If you go into My O2 https://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

and look at the section Bring in Products

Bring in products.PNG

This would mean one person would have control of them and I'm not certain this is what you want? (Certainly not an option if you are a business. This is more for general personal use)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As the individual contracts come up for renewal you can start joining them together under one master account name.
You can't combine them until then unless you cancel them and renew which will incur fees as you've mentioned above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit late to the thread but hope this helps someone.

Although the network used is O2, the contract is with the provider so they dictate the terms.

Although switching between providers or from a provider to a direct billing relationship with O2 is just a billing change, it's best to get the PAC codes for the numbers that you want to move from the provider you're leaving, set up the contract with the new provider/O2 and provide them with the PAC codes and numbers and let them handle it.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Bit late to the thread but hope this helps someone.

Although the network used is O2, the contract is with the provider so they dictate the terms.

Although switching between providers or from a provider to a direct billing relationship with O2 is just a billing change, it's best to get the PAC codes for the numbers that you want to move from the provider you're leaving, set up the contract with the new provider/O2 and provide them with the PAC codes and numbers and let them handle it.

You can't actually PAC O2 to O2.

The only time a PAC is required if you were on a MVNO of O2 ie, giffgaff or Tesco.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6