Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM SWAP ISSUES

mrswarb2610
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I am helping my elderly neighbour to swap his number over from Virgin to O2. I told him it was really simple and would help him - famous last words! We followed instructions but his number still not swapped over. I really need to speak or chat to someone but it’s impossible to get an agent. Crazy and frustrating! He’s almost 80 and finding the whole thing difficult and wished he had never bothered. I really need to speak to someone on his behalf!!!
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@mrswarb2610 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9989 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@mrswarb2610

Did you receive a text message saying when the port would occur? Also when did you request the port?

If not then you will need to resubmit the form
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@mrswarb2610 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

mrswarb2610
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I’ve tried to phone but the automated service is just awful and goes round in circles. I enter all the info and then it says “goodbye”. I’ll try as you’ve suggested. I did the first request on Thursday and I’m sure we got a response to say it was received ok. We also had to do one for his grandson and we did that by inserting new sim and texting the swap option. So by two methods and neither have worked. I’m pretty tech-savvy so this is not the blind leading the blind haha! I was expecting it to be so much more straight forward as I’ve experienced myself previously. It’s just awful doing it on behalf of someone who expects you to know why it hasn’t worked and equally getting frustrated
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@mrswarb2610 

Just for info, you can't do a sim swap as you are porting a number in from a different network.

It has to be a port https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

mrswarb2610
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yep, It’s been my error - the guy was super helpful when I eventually got through and has sorted it all out! Thanks for the tip for getting to speak to someone. We were missing the letters on the pac code. Fab help from this group! Thanks 😊
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7