Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting specific numbers

Harbourmaster
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply here...

I used to have a bunsiness contract and stupidly used my number as the 2FA for several online accounts. It's been over a year since the contract ended and unfortunately I need to get back in to some of those accounts. I've spent dozens of hours on the phone and had lots of mixed messages. My understanding so far is that after 6 months the number goes back into a 'pool' of sorts but haven't been able to get a straight answer on whether or not I can request the number and if so, how.

From reading other community posts it seems like if you kick up enough of a fuss then it becomes possible but does anyone know who to get in touch with / how to speak to the right person?

Cheers! 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thank you for the tag. @forcedtobehere 

I will send you a private message so we can look into this 

Message 31 of 39

forcedtobehere
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- Consider me blown away. You were a great help thanks. I'm amazed that this was a possible course of action... The 'specific number team'. Hahah. It's extortion really, but I suppose that's why it's such a well-kept secret which the customer has to dig for 😁 If O2 advertised it, there'd probably be an uproar. Cheers! 👌

Message 32 of 39

Mevvvvv
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was it £1000 that's what they advised me 🥺

Message 33 of 39

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5743 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Mevvvvv 

What's your question please ? 

What do you need help with ? 

Message 34 of 39

morug
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I ported a number away from O2 to ID mobile a few years ago, then gave it up a year and a half ago when I moved abroad. I have recently moved back to the UK and need that number to 2FA to some accounts. I have checked on the experian number verification tool https://www.edq.com/phone-verification/ and it says that the number is dead and originally belonged to O2. Do you know if it is possible to submit a Specific Number Request to reclaim this old number?

Thanks

Message 35 of 39

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6615 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@morug Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

But experience says you may have a problem.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 36 of 39

morug
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Enllino experience here but I suspect the same! As you say, it's worth asking 🤞

Message 37 of 39

BenOneill
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- I am also in a similar predicament - old phone number is now dead but I need to recover it, could you start a specific number request for me please? 

Message 38 of 39

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@BenOneill The online advisors have been removed from accessing the forum and are no longer available. You need to speak to customer service.
Call 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 (Payment Management) or 0800 032 1402
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (now X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 39 of 39