Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting specific numbers

Harbourmaster
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply here...

I used to have a bunsiness contract and stupidly used my number as the 2FA for several online accounts. It's been over a year since the contract ended and unfortunately I need to get back in to some of those accounts. I've spent dozens of hours on the phone and had lots of mixed messages. My understanding so far is that after 6 months the number goes back into a 'pool' of sorts but haven't been able to get a straight answer on whether or not I can request the number and if so, how.

From reading other community posts it seems like if you kick up enough of a fuss then it becomes possible but does anyone know who to get in touch with / how to speak to the right person?

Cheers! 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

You’re welcome @Cleoriff 😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 39

BCampling
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa  I have a similar situation too, i have a handful of accounts i am no longer able to access due to my only recovery option being an old phone number.    Can i get help too please?    Thanks! 

Message 22 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 123298 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@BCampling 

It's @O2Georgina on this morning. I've tagged her to your post. Hopefully, she'll be able to help.

Best of luck 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 39

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff  @BCampling  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 24 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 123298 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 39

BCampling
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff for your help

Message 26 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 123298 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

You're welcome @BCampling x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 39

forcedtobehere
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa and @O2Georgina are you able to assist me with the same? Locked out of YT / Google accounts because the verification code is being sent to an old inactive SIM, the number of which I'm told is unallocated. I was on the phone for over three hours today, was disconnected multiple times and received conflicting information, hopes dashed. The first woman I spoke to was incredible and it really seemed like it would be possible to retrieve my old number / have it reallocated on a replacement SIM card that would be sent to me - she was awaiting a response from her manager or team manager and unfortunately I was disconnected at that point. After that, I waited hours to get through and then when I did I was given different answers ultimately concluding that it was a lost cause. I'll do whatever it takes to get into my old YT accounts, even if I have to pay to get my old number back, and I'm down 200 from a gunpoint robbery last week, so that's the situation - wit's end. I'd really appreciate the support. Thank you! 😔

Message 28 of 39

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12128 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Lisa and Georgina are not on the list for today @forcedtobehere .

Instead, we can ask @O2Sarah- or @O2KyleW to see if they can help.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 29 of 39

forcedtobehere
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Of course, @O2Sarah- or @O2KyleW~ I would be very grateful for your help. Thanks @gmarkj.

Message 30 of 39