cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Plus 5 T just received IMEI not registering with One Plus advised to contact o2

Revelations
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

One Plus has announce a return program to

install https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/02/24/oneplus-fixing-5-5t-play-netflix-hd-physically-send-phone-g...

I went to their site spoke with the agent gave the IMEI number well it was not registered within  their system I was surprised but then the agent said more then likely the Motherboard has been changed, which makes sense., 

So is O2 selling or distributing refurbished phones without telling customers,  I have the chat transcript believe me I checked IMEI  from Box and from the actually phone the agent could not pull this number up on their systems. 

So what is o2 position on this  or do I have to go higher up to Consumer groups , I do not want a repair phone at the very least advise the customer , ,, ,

I have been with o2 6 years now I stood by you but this is shocking  ,,

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Revelations

First of all this is not O2 you are talking to. This is a customer to customer forum. And as we are all customers like youself we cannot answer your question.

You need to speak to Customer Services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus. The best time to call is between 08:00-08:30.

If, after speaking to Customer Services, you are still not happy then you can make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

We understand the Resolver option often has the best results.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on. And welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions
@Revelations Was this a new phone purchase or had you sent the phone in for repair? If the answer is the latter, I believe it's in the Terms & Conditions that if O2 cannot repair your phone they can give you a refurbished one.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You say you checked the phone against the box but don’t say if they match?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Revelations can you give us a bit more detail around your situation so we can help? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 7

Revelations
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It has been sorted here is the link  

https://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-5-5t-stream-hd-update-widevine-840552/ 

I would be curious on o2 view on this,  every  One Plus 5T will have to be returned to have this updated completed, I could not understand why they could not arrange o2 to setup this update. 

It is a pain to be honest sending your phone all the way to Poland, but if you are a user of Prime Google or Netflix then you will need this . 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Strange how your original question was centred around the IMEI and accusations of dodgy practice at O2?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7