Did you mean: 

IMEI Number Blocked

Davidbb144
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So for over a week now I don't have a mobile phone, I have a wifi phone

The Sunday after the coronation my phone stopped working, I went into an O2 shop and they said the SIM was dusty so the changed it. Made no diffreence

On Wed I went into another o2 shop who, after 40 minutes, said that my IMEI number was blocked and they would get it unblocked. The said that my phone had been registered as lost or stolen. It was certainly not resisted as lost or stolen by me !

Nothing gets fixed and on the Thursday I got back to the same shop who say that the IMEI number is still blocked but, they will sort it.

Yesterday, Sunday, the phone is till not working and I ran up O2. The IMEI number is still blocked but, he will sort it.

It is another 24 hours and it still is not working.... I have now been told 4 times that this will be fixed !!

I have lost the will to live and sadly ,my contract with o2 has over 12 months to run.

I even emailed the Head of Customer Service at o2 (Mark Gait) but have heard nothing from him

HELP

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148203 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28393 Solutions

@Davidbb144 

Many such reports recently which only get resolved by O2 replacing the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 14

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7613 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1633 Solutions

@O2Ryan 

Can you take a look, please 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 14

Davidbb144
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It would be great if he can contact me and see what has happened. It has now been 10 days without a mobile phone and I am self employed, this has cost me money

Message 4 of 14

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@O2Sarah- can you have a look for @Davidbb144 please?

Message 5 of 14

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks @Breanna 

@Davidbb144 I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 6 of 14

Nikkel77
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi did the get sorted I am going through exact same with my phone been 6 days now and I am so frustrated getting fobbed off time and time again .. bar lifted wait 24 hours .. could anyone help me or tell me how they managed to get this sorted .. thanks 

Message 7 of 14

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37924 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1723 Solutions

@Nikkel77 wrote:

Hi did the get sorted I am going through exact same with my phone been 6 days now and I am so frustrated getting fobbed off time and time again .. bar lifted wait 24 hours .. could anyone help me or tell me how they managed to get this sorted .. thanks 

Hi, @Nikkel77 - the O2 Advisor on until 8pm today is @O2KyleW - hopefully he can get an answer for you, watch out for a private message here on the forum. Good luck!

Message 8 of 14

Nikkel77
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Oh thanks for the tag .. I have just been on chat and the phone to o2 and they have cut me off .. I’m raging so bloody incompetent .. fingers crossed someone gets back to me from here cause looks like this is the best place to get help .. thanks again for the tag .. 

Message 9 of 14

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37924 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1723 Solutions

You are welcome - hopefully @O2KyleW reaches out to you soon, as the next advisor does not come on-shift until 9am (bank holiday in England) Monday, @Nikkel77.

The Social Media contact addresses for O2 (and other parts of VMO2) are in the link just below this post, if you want to DM (Twitter)  or Private Message (Facebook Messenger, Instagram) them also.

Message 10 of 14