Did you mean: 

How do you boost your productivity?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Although quality is generally more important than quantity, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of tasks to do, or let your mind drift and end up wondering where most of the day went. 

Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 08.45.34.png

You can find online a lot of tips and tricks to improve your productivity at work, and I've listed a few below from this article and this one:

• Be more active.
  • Work standing.
  • Surround yourself with more plants. 🌱
  • Look at cute animal pictures. 
  • Rest & take breaks.

There's plenty more to be read and said about this, but I'd rather hear your first-hand experiences and advice. Whether it's at work or at home, I'm sure we all have little ways to optimise our time!

Do you have any tips on how to nurture productivity? What helps you tackle your task-list, or what do you think makes it hard to get things done?

Let us know in the comments! nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT

One big motivator : 

There's no bigger incentive to working hard, keeping awake, with no breaks ~ than 15% / 18%interest rates!  Walk that walk and you are a very different person.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 5

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TallTrees More money is definitely a good incentive to work more. joy 

It's something you can only influence so much though - are there any other little things you can think of that help you get through what you have to do more efficiently? I know for me a clear task list and breakdown of everything that needs to be done helps. I also don't like brightness at all in general so if I'm in a room with bright lights, or bright screens, I tend to have more difficulty focusing. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 3 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@TallTrees More money is definitely a good incentive to work more. joy 

It's something you can only influence so much though - are there any other little things you can think of that help you get through what you have to do more efficiently? I know for me a clear task list and breakdown of everything that needs to be done helps. I also don't like brightness at all in general so if I'm in a room with bright lights, or bright screens, I tend to have more difficulty focusing. 

Efficiency is definitely important/vital ~ planning the task in advance, making sure you have all the necessary equipment, parts or items needed before commencing ~ i.e. all the "leg work" done.  Then settle down to the task and get it finished.  

Lists of work to be done, in what order, so that one type of work doesn't interfere with the other.

Calendar necessary!

Reminders on phone calendar necessary!

Working outside is very dependent on the weather so separate ~Inside work if weather no good.

Varied work is very good for health ~ mental and physical ~ not always possible every day but should be considered.  Some businesses were providing exercise areas and social areas for breaks..

I know what you mean about bright screens ~ sometimes I feel giddy after long sessions, definitely not good.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Being organised and prepared helps a lot, good shout! I also really like the point you made about varied work, mixing things up does help me keep my focus sharp.

Thanks for sharing, @TallTrees smiley

signature

Message 5 of 5