Did you mean: 

Esim for Apple Watch S6

Orbit
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I recently purchased an Apple Watch Series 6 Cellular version from Apple. I currently have a business account with O2 since 2018 i think. When I try to connect my O2 account i get a mesage from the O2 website where it tries to join, the message says "Apple Watch on O2 is only available to personal pay monthly customers". 

When I look at the FAQ's on O2, it does say the eSim is available for enterprise / business accounts. I called O2 support last night and was told that my business account Sim card is not compatible and there is no way to make it compatible. I would really like some clarification on this please. Is there anyone out there that understands this????

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 Enterprise has a completely different illing platform and as such is not yet compatible with the Apple watch.

It's unlikely to ever be knowing O2.

You would have to look at moving your account to a consumer account or be looking at changing network

It's been this way since the watch came out and O2 don't seem in any hurry to allow their business customers to take advantage of matching the watch to an account.

Frankly I find it unacceptable that this can't be done in this techological age

Roll on the rumoured merger!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 Enterprise has a completely different illing platform and as such is not yet compatible with the Apple watch.

It's unlikely to ever be knowing O2.

You would have to look at moving your account to a consumer account or be looking at changing network

It's been this way since the watch came out and O2 don't seem in any hurry to allow their business customers to take advantage of matching the watch to an account.

Frankly I find it unacceptable that this can't be done in this techological age

Roll on the rumoured merger!

Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Orbit

O2 do not provide Apple Watch support for Business or Enterprise due to lack of interest .

If a big enterprise customer with over x amount of handsets wanted to buy x thousand watches im sure it would be different but Enterprise just dont want them.

@jonsie

Virgin dont support esim or any smart watch, and their billing system is archaic for mobile, their sims aren't even UK based but Belgian... so dont hold your breath for any changes.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3