Did you mean: 

Cancelling buisness contract ,

pawelsotonbanac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi ,
Due to the new law changes (IR35) i had to close my Limited Company , since i dont have my own buisness anymore i was hoping o2 could move me to standard consumer contract instead of buisness contract but been told i cant do it .
I called the o2 buisness customer service few times asking if i could pay off the phone only but they said i have to pay for the phone and the tarrif which is around 60pounds a month , the biggest mistake i did was taking 3years contract i still have 1.5 year left on the contract , im not happy with the service im recing at all for 60pounds a month i still have limited data(20gig) few times i been without data for few days as "something got stucked in their system" the coverage here in Southampton is very very poor my family lives in city centre and they barely get 1 bar when i go there and around many other places i get either very poor signal and network or not at all ...
For that reason is there no way i could finish my buisness contract as my company dont longer exist i could pay off the phone only? they asking over 800pounds to finish the contract early which is a joke could anyone give me any advise if there is anything i could do or i have to be with them for another 1.5 year?
On top of that my phone is broken and its 250f to fix and brand new phone its under 500now i already fixed it once and now fixing it again would cost me same as brand new phone , i asked them if i could stay with them and upgrade to new phone they said i would still have to pay 800f to end my buisness contract first

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

@pawelsotonbanac

So many variations of business contracts... Apologies for getting your hopes up...

In your case it looks like the handset is bundled in the monthly cost.. So it would be the £800 but that figure will reduce each month

As per the T&Cs
https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/0/General+Conditions+-+SMB+-++1st+June+2021.pdf/195c3d47-39f6-...

Edited spelling mistakes

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
@pawelsotonbanac

Unfortunately, you can't move a Business contract to a Consumer contract.
Their is nothing you can do I'm afraid, as per the agreement you signed you have to pay off the device and also pay the termination fee's associated with the account.
An upgrade now with 18mths left would still incur the termination charges.
Just because the company doesn't exist anymore doesn't make any difference and as a director any defaults or debts would be taken against you and other directors
Im afraid the only options are to pay the £800 or stay until that becomes a more palatable figure...
Message 2 of 4

pawelsotonbanac
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You mean i could pay off the device only and pay +the early termination fee? They said to me i would have to pay off in full the phone and the tarrif .

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

@pawelsotonbanac

So many variations of business contracts... Apologies for getting your hopes up...

In your case it looks like the handset is bundled in the monthly cost.. So it would be the £800 but that figure will reduce each month

As per the T&Cs
https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/0/General+Conditions+-+SMB+-++1st+June+2021.pdf/195c3d47-39f6-...

Edited spelling mistakes

Message 4 of 4