cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple DEP for Business Customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know what department I need to speak to to get new business iPhones enrolled into my Apple DEP account?  I've spoken to O2 reps on the web chat and phone and all of them seem totally ignorant to the process.  I was also told this is for enterprise cutomers only and not business customers.  If anyone knows contact details of the department I need to speak to that would be great!

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

Sorry for the delay. To clarify and confirm Apple DEP is available for Enterprise and SMB Mid-market (10+ connections) customers. It isn’t currently available for our SMB SOHO (Small Office / Home Office) customers.

We’re sorry for any disappointment or confusion caused but hope this at least helps clear things up for you. thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Business customer services is 8002 from your O2 phone.
Best to call and speak to them directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, tried that but they had no idea what I was talking about.  Once I'd been on hold for 10 mins and the op had googled what Apple DEP is I was told that it's for Enterprise Customers only despite finding posts on the O2 twitter feed asking about it and O2 offering support via DM. unamused

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Do you have your own business manager to check with?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that I am aware of...
Has anyone else here added devices to DEP with O2?
Message 5 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

Let me start again.... 

Have you enrolled in DEP, and been given a DEP ID by Apple?  

Are you a SMB or Enterprise Customer? 

o2 will only enroll enterprise customers devices into DEP, as the process is a bit of a faff, from speaking to one of our resellers. 

The only option to you,is to find an IT Reseller, who will enroll the devices for you, via an IT Distributor, this does mean you will pay full price for the phones/ ipads. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

I haven't but let me tag a couple of guys that might be able to help?

@Wa10 @madasaf1sh

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have a DEP ID. I'm SMB not enterprise. Why would O2 not do this for SMB? It's a very simple process that costs them nothing.
Message 8 of 12

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5.

I'm no SMB offering expert I'm afraid @Anonymous as I work on the consumer side of things, however I did come across this external media article which seems to suggest that DEP is available for small businesses via O2 - http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/news/industry/43660/22.aspx#sthash.5RakCyq7.dpbs

Will see whether I can find anything out for you, however @MercedesS or @Martin-O2 may have a more direct contact with the business guys to get you an answer quicker?

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 9 of 12

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community! 

To be honest, I don't have an answer either so let me drop you a Private Message just in case there's something we can do to help out. thumbsup

Thanks @Wa10@madasaf1sh and @MI5 for the help and tags! Heroheart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 10 of 12