cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business to Personal Number Transfer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all, 

Apologies for what will be a rather long winded message.

When I joined my employer 3 years ago I transferred my number from giffgaff to my work phone, this was fine. I have recently left the company and wanted to keep my number. My company decided to keep the account running so that any new joiner can use the account, so our 3rd party supplier advised I set up a personal O2 contract online and fill in a change of ownership form which I did.

I therefore set up a pay monthly account and was issued a new sim with a new number and a new phone. I completed the form and was informed by the 3rd party that this has been approved by O2 and that the number would be transferred in 24 hours, this was about a week ago. Since then, my new sim card and old sim card are not active, which I thought was a good sign.

After 24 hours the 3rd party called O2 and was informed they they cannot speak on my behalf now as it is now a personal contract and not a business one, however they did say that no one had entered my new sim card number, so suggested I call O2 to give them that.

I cant call O2 as I have no working phone so used the online chat, I spoke to a member of the personal contract team who said it was still with the business team. The member of the business team processed everything and said all was fine, could I please exit the chat and fill in the survey. 24 hours later, still nothing.

So I went back on the chat and spoke to a member of the business team who advised it was in fact the personal team who were handling it, they looked into it and said that I exited the chat before the business team could do anything so I would have to do it again. I then spoke to the business team who asked for all my employers information (invoice number, bank details) which I dont have. So they said there was nothing they could do. I then was put through to a lady on the personal side who said she could sort it. She confirmed that it had gone through, but the switch had failed somehow 4 times. However, it was now again with the business team who would have to deal with it, and it would have to be my employer who speaks to them. I advised that O2 had already approved the switch with my employer but she said there was nothing that could be done, and suggested I try my local shop.

I then went to a O2 shop in London, and the lady there was very helpful, and spoke to a member of the O2 support team who advised it was due to the incorrect SIM number being put in. They corrected this and said it should be fine. However, 24 hours later and still neither sim works. 

I am at a loss as to what to do. O2 has not lost any money, as my previous employer is still running and paying the account, they have gained a new customer by me setting up a personal contract. I have given about 10 different O2 employees my old and temp numbers, sim numbers, email etc and nothing can be done. 

Can anyone advise what I should do? I really do need to keep my old number, however even if for whatever reason that cant be done, I am still unable to use my temp number as that is down as well.

The customer service has been awful, there is simply no one who will take control of it, the number has been mine for over 10 years, I brought it to O2 and simply want to switch it to another SIM. 

Thank you for reading.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Keep trying is about all you can do.
Complaints is on this link which may or may not help http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

But who should I contact?

I am now stuck with a 24 month contract with no workable SIM. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen. No one seems to have any idea as to what they are doing?

Is there a landline number to senior managment or somebody who has the ability to make a decision?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The landline number is on the link I gave you.
Also on there is the complaints process, you could try Resolver for a quicker response or send an email to the CEO to complain.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous thanks for posting your feedback. Sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with this! Did it get resolved yet or are you still stuck? I'm going to drop you a quick PM (private message) here on the forum to get a few additional details to see if we can help in any way.

Message 5 of 5