Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct

Joanne2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since forever we have had a business contract with O2. Somehow, at some point we have ended up with Aerial Direct. We pay a fortune every month for 2 sim only phones - anything from £80-100. We don’t even know how we have ended up with them and now we are tied in until March 2021. It will cost around £800 to leave and when I called them to reduce our tariff I was told you can’t reduce due to the contract (which we have never seen or signed) and can only increase the tariff.

Upon visiting an O2 store I was given the high level complaints department email address and assured they would help. After waiting for a reply for nearly 2 months O2 finally replied stating Aerial Direct had investigated the matter and were happy all was correct so O2 were happy with their findings.

I find it strange that we are not alone in suddenly finding ourselves trapped into a contract and that O2 do not care one bit.

In March 2021 we will leave Aerial and O2 and when my children’s contracts are up with O2 I will go elsewhere.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I would be asking to get copies of the contracts that you "signed", or even agreed to verbally so that you can dispute them.
Unfortunately Aerial Direct are a "trusted partner" of o2, when in reality they are shysters looking to make as much money of unsuspecting customers as possible.
I will tag the forum mods (@Martin-o2, @EmilieT and @Marjo) to see if they can assist with anything.
If not, your only other recourse is to ask for a deadlock letter from the complaints team and take it to the ombudsman.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Joanne2£80 -£100  for SIM ONLY tariffs?

That is absolutely diabolical.

Edited to add I agree with @gmarkj. Let them show you evidence of these contracts you have never seen, though  supposedly signed!!

Absolute scum of a company. Trusted partner they are NOT!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

Joanne2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They also said they had a 19 minute phone call as proof we agreed to it and have asked for a copy of that and has never arrived.
Message 4 of 14

Joanne2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you I will certainly ask for a copy of the contract from them and I will look into the deadlock letter - I feel trapped and conned by them.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right to feel this way. Total con men this company is & see the many complaints on this forum 

Message 6 of 14

Joanne2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just to update Aerial Direct have contacted me this morning and now have a reduced tariff and new phone. As far as I am concerned the matter is resolved - Thank you all.
Message 7 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
While that is great news, just check that you are not tied into a new 2 year deal...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Joanne2

I've been reading this thread (I have no IT knowledge to impart) ... but ... have been an active member of this forum for over 5 years smiling

Just to say how pleased I am for you ... & ... pleased 'The Regular Posters' ie IT knowledgeable members of the forum have been able to help you smiling

I am a bit of a Permanent IT Novice ... & ... the good people on the forum have helped me time & time again

Best Wishes

WispaRed7

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it’s a new phone they possibly may have tied you into another contract😔 I seem to recall a similar thread & the existing contract turned into a new 2 or 3 year tariff & phone
Message 10 of 14