Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct

Joanne2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since forever we have had a business contract with O2. Somehow, at some point we have ended up with Aerial Direct. We pay a fortune every month for 2 sim only phones - anything from £80-100. We don’t even know how we have ended up with them and now we are tied in until March 2021. It will cost around £800 to leave and when I called them to reduce our tariff I was told you can’t reduce due to the contract (which we have never seen or signed) and can only increase the tariff.

Upon visiting an O2 store I was given the high level complaints department email address and assured they would help. After waiting for a reply for nearly 2 months O2 finally replied stating Aerial Direct had investigated the matter and were happy all was correct so O2 were happy with their findings.

I find it strange that we are not alone in suddenly finding ourselves trapped into a contract and that O2 do not care one bit.

In March 2021 we will leave Aerial and O2 and when my children’s contracts are up with O2 I will go elsewhere.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Joanne2 From memory it will be a 3 year contract as that is there normal 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

At least you have upgraded. On the downside, you are tied in again for 2 or 3 years and you are still on a business contract with the benefits and the real disadvantages of the contract. 

Make sure you keep a record of the end date and whatever you do, ignore any cold calls to renew. Give 30 days notice to end the contract 1 month before the contract finishes  You are then free to upgrade on your terms rather than Aerials terms. 

Message 12 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Oh, and be VERY careful with your data allowances.
Business customers, unlike personal ones, can keep using more data once they have hit their monthly allowance.
And exceeding them ain't cheap...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Oh, and be VERY careful with your data allowances.
Business customers, unlike personal ones, can keep using more data once they have hit their monthly allowance.
And exceeding them ain't cheap...

Yes as I intimated. One of the real disadvantages of being a business user...  

Message 14 of 14