cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 not receiving texts from vodafone

Anonymous
Not applicable

a friend upgraded there phone from an iphone 5 on monday to the iphone 6, all seemed ok.

3 seperate friends, all on vodafone have text but none of there texts have been received. they can phone and  can be text back, just none are received. texts are received from other people on o2, tesco mobile and 3 ok.

they have turned the phone off and on, tried the change of carrier, numerous times, they arent blocked, turned imessage off and on

was hoping that someone would be able to help as to what to do next to resolve this, as never had the problem with any previous i phones over the years with o2

thanks for any help

graham 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @Martin-O2 I think there have been a lot more since that was posted...I would say there have been about 10 posts at least over the Easter period with people having the same issue (not receiving texts)

Hi @Cleoriff Yes it looks that way. I'm gathering info on this and letting the team know now. I'll post updates as and when I get them. 

Cheers! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 18

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for collecting those together @Cleoriff wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

This is the information we have at the moment from customers who experience this.

It seems the only way at present is to delete the account altogether but just deleting the app doesn't  help. You need to tick the box within the app settings to delete all data and delete the account from that settings menu. O2 may then have to delete your Tugo account from their system

This issue seems to affect people who upgrade or change tariff over the last couple of weeks and texts from EE and Vodafone.

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

update

freind has hers sorted now.

she went into a o2 store, they said its TU go thats the problem. the only way to fix it, is to delete tugo from the account, its classed as a bolt on, so deleting the app from the phone wont work, it needs to be deleted from the account ! the store didnt do it properly, she got her son to do it for her in the end !

she now receives texts from vodafone and orange, as they where not going through either.

needless to say she wont ever use tugo again ! 

thanks for all your help too 

Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123538 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Thanks for the feedback @Anonymous  TuGo seems to have been responsible for many of these issues re not receiving texts. Another one for @Toby to feed back to the team... Pleased its all working now..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 145225 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

Yes indeed we have found out that the latest tugo update was responsible and the team are looking into it.
Hoping for an update soon to fix other issues with it too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Hopefully they will update it soon and luckily I have no issues. However it seems to affect those new connections or upgrades where the number has to be reregistered on the system.

Message 18 of 18