cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 unlocking fromo2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else tried to get o2 to unlock their iPhone 6 handset so it can be used on another network? I’m getting really frustrated as it seems to me they are making it as long winded and difficult as they can! I just want the handset unlocking!!!! I own it, i do not owe any money for it the contract was settled in full before it was even up!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Have you followed the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
and tried a different sim in it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have spoken to someone on the phone they told me to use my o2 sim in the phone for 2 days so I can unlock it and that there was no other way of doing it. I also filled in a form online and it was declined so on Thursday I went to the local o2 shop with the handset which they downloaded the myo2 app on and requested the unlock through the app. They said after 48hours I would receive an email or text confirming the success of the unlock however, they sent me an email saying it has again been rejected due to multiple unlock requests. It’s like a game of cat and mouse! Thank you for the information on your link slight_smile
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Sounds like a request is still in the system.
It may take upto 72 hours but I'd give customer service a call tomorrow to check it's being progressed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience. Did you get it fixed? Please let us know!

Welcome to our Community. We hope to see you around Wave

Thanks @MI5 for your help heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello 👋🏼
It’s not been resolved yet but I am hoping it will be by tomorrow! I’ll keep you posted!
Thanks
Message 6 of 7

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

Did you get it fix? 

Looking forward to your reply! We are here to help  Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 7