Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 3g needs to be unlocked

pugman227227
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have an iphone 3g that i want to be unlocked however it is second hand and i do not own an o2 sim card but its locked to o2 i dont really know what to do any help?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146189 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions

@pugman227227 

Is that sim even still working?

In reality, you need a sim that you know the details for and then setup a new MyO2 for it with your details. You can then just select the option to unlock the phone from your MyO2.

just get a new PAYG sim and top up with £10 and away you go unless you can borrow someone's sim and ask them to request the unlock.

Pay As You Go SIM Cards & Deals | Double Data Deal (o2.co.uk)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 146189 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions

@pugman227227 

You need to get an O2 PAYG sim or borrow any O2 sim to use in the phone Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

pugman227227
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

before you replied, i found my aunts old 3g o2 sim, she used it years ago so it doesnt have any data, but another thing with the form is that i dont know what numbers she used to call and other questions similar, im also unsure whether its PAYG or Monthly pay. I would imagine monthly. do i use my email and password on the form or does that not matter?

thanks

Message 4 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10480 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3081 Solutions

@pugman227227 

I would just go to your local shop and buy a 99p sim card and top it up with £10, as this would be your easiest way to get into the phone.. 

As you wont pass any of the security questions, and if it hasn't been used it will be dead.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 146189 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions

@pugman227227 

Is that sim even still working?

In reality, you need a sim that you know the details for and then setup a new MyO2 for it with your details. You can then just select the option to unlock the phone from your MyO2.

just get a new PAYG sim and top up with £10 and away you go unless you can borrow someone's sim and ask them to request the unlock.

Pay As You Go SIM Cards & Deals | Double Data Deal (o2.co.uk)

Message 6 of 11

pugman227227
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

alright, what happens after i fill in the form? do i wait?

Message 7 of 11

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7024 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

In all of this which network are you aiming to use?

Vodafone are actively turning off 3G, area by area as I type with all gone the end of this year.

EE and Three have started winding 3G down to be complete by the end of next year.

Leaves you no more than 18 months on 3G and less in many areas.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 146189 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions

@pugman227227 wrote:

alright, what happens after i fill in the form? do i wait?

All explained in the guide @pugman227227 

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

Message 9 of 11

pugman227227
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tesco Mobile

Message 10 of 11