Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi issue with iPhone 6?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Has anyone else experienced issues with the wifi on the iPhone 6? I don't know if it is the iPhone 6 or the iOS 8.

The wifi randomly goes off and can't find a signal.  I put it on airplane mode and off again and still nothing - even when it is next to the router.  The only thing that resolves the issue is to reset the phone, although it is just a temporary measure and it happens agin 1 or 2 days later.

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jbeany and Welcome to the forum.

Quite a few people are reporting what your experiencing.

Are you on iOS 8.0 as you say and if so perhaps update to iOS 8.0.2 to see if the issue improves.

I'm on iOS 8.0.2 without issues on my iPhone 6 plus.

Hopefully soon Apple are releasing iOS 8.1 which may address the issues being experienced by different users.
Message 31 of 66

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
8 is a rushed and poorly developed update which is been beta tested by customers instead of Apple.
Very poor show all round - Look at Google and it's full of people suffering with bugs all over the place.
Another reason why I would never waste my money on any of their products......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
iOS firmwares has always been beta tested in the wild ,but should be by developers but unfortunately anyone can join in by paying for the licence.

Do you believe Apple push out anything before testing it out themselves ?

A lot of firmwares have bugs iOS , android and windows alike.

As we all know its the patches that resolves these (hopefully)
Message 33 of 66

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I fully appreciate that Apple thoroughly test their software.

Here's a pic to prove it......

apple beta test.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
Shocker from an avid android user. 😉

Lol.
Message 35 of 66

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I fully appreciate that Apple thoroughly test their software.

Here's a pic to prove it......

apple beta test.jpg

Lovely...made my day...LOL I do like the monkey....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 66

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I believe 8.1 will be released around the 20th October so maybe it will address this issue. There are two beta versions in testing now.

Message 37 of 66

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I believe 8.1 will be released around the 20th October so maybe it will address this issue. There are two beta versions in testing now.

Who is doing the testing?....(Genuine question)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple test out and then send the beta to registered developers who then feedback any bugs they've come across and so do app developers.

They do allow anyone to purchase a developers licence for around £100 and they can get the new iOS early but that can bring its Own issues as you have to update to the newest beta version within a time window and as its beta it can affect the running of the iPhone.

True developers keep an iPhone separate just to text out the beta iOS.
Message 39 of 66

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

So I am having no luck at all with this phone.

I restored it to a new phone on Saturday and lost a few photos 😞

Since it was restored, my phone has had countless issues and there are over 20 entries in the diagnostics.  The phone cuts out on calls, freezes, closes apps and the wifi stops working.  Also, I am having problems with syncing it with my new ford car.  I can connect with bluetooth and when I make a call, as soon as the other person answers, it disconnects on the car and goes back to the phone.  Which is not helpful when I am on the motorway and it is in the middle of the call and the other person is worried and thinking that something is up.

Again, there are numerous 'springboard' entries in the diagnostics section.  I was told last time that this was a software issue and it would definately be resolved if I restore it to new but clearly it hasn't been resolved.  I am not waiting 2 weeks to go back to the Apple shop as I need it to be fixed so I am going back on Saturday.  I will let you know how I get on.

Message 40 of 66