Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading early through o2 refresh or CPW

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! i havent been here is a while! 

I wanted some advice on upgrading!

I recently lost ( stolen) my fairly new iphone6+128gb that I bought straight up from apple. uninsured

Luckily my contract runs out in october but i want to upgrade early as I wont be in the country. 

- I will be unlocking my phone through GAME from o2 so i can use a foreign sim card whilst i am abroard -( this is important) 

o2 have offered me to upgrade through refresh for around £200 inc upgrade fee and £49 a month

CPW offered me up upgrade with them for £164 inc upgrade fee and £49 a month

I know it is not a big difference but i want to know what will be better? i have heard not a lot of people like o2 refresh as its much more expencive in the long run and the CPW manager advided me it would be cheaper to upgrade hrough them ( he is a dear friend and is honest) 

Im stck in a rut with who to go with so id love someones advice who knows all the hiddens costs and stuff about both companies!

thanx in advance 

look forward to hearing from anyone 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
thank you for your reply! i think i will be going with CPW !!

If you get it from CPW it will be locked to the O2 network as soon as you insert the sim. You won't be able to unlock it until you pay off the contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I upgrade through apple, as I require a contract which is 5fb data and unlimited calls and texts, will they offer different tarrifs? or the standard deal that they offer with o2 when taking out a phone with them first time? 

Message 12 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If I upgrade through apple, as I require a contract which is 5fb data and unlimited calls and texts, will they offer different tarrifs? or the standard deal that they offer with o2 when taking out a phone with them first time? 

I don't know what tariffs Apple offer but they will be able to advise you if you ask them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
thank you for your reply! i think i will be going with CPW !!

If you get it from CPW it will be locked to the O2 network as soon as you insert the sim. You won't be able to unlock it until you pay off the contract.

I am willing to ruin the warrenty of my phone as long as it can just get unlocked. due to the iphone I bought straight from apple at around £800 got stolen I cant afford to purchase upright again! 😞 it is really important that i am able to use it overseas as i need it for buisness and ofcorse contacting people.

Message 14 of 35

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Your choice. It won't cover you for voiding your warranty, but you might want to also invest in an insurance policy, either through your home insurance or your bank to cover you if the phone gets lost or stolen again.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 124238 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

It may be worth your while buying a cheap phone from abroad and using a local sim in that.... You could put all your business contacts on that one. Just another suggestion because you wont get that iPhone unlocked till October (at least)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

It may be worth your while buying a cheap phone from abroad and using a local sim in that.... You could put all your business contacts on that one. Just another suggestion because you wont get that iPhone unlocked till October (at least)

I was thinking that, however i am ineed of a smart phone specifically for what I need to use it for, as internet is a must ontop of it all. Say they unlock it in october, does that mean new contracts/upgrades also, or will i have to be on the contract for 6 months-1 year before I can unlock it at all? 

Message 17 of 35

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Just 12 months from original launch of iPhone 6.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 18 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Just 12 months from original launch of iPhone 6.....

Oh! thankyou for letting me know that! I will porbally be back in the uk by then, so unless i can find soone that can give me their word to unlock the phone so i can use it overseas I will just have to get th cheapest smartphone that has personal hotspot!

Thankyou everyone for your input it is greatly appriciated  

Message 19 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 124238 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

No problem...Hope all goes well. ...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 35