Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading early through o2 refresh or CPW

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! i havent been here is a while! 

I wanted some advice on upgrading!

I recently lost ( stolen) my fairly new iphone6+128gb that I bought straight up from apple. uninsured

Luckily my contract runs out in october but i want to upgrade early as I wont be in the country. 

- I will be unlocking my phone through GAME from o2 so i can use a foreign sim card whilst i am abroard -( this is important) 

o2 have offered me to upgrade through refresh for around £200 inc upgrade fee and £49 a month

CPW offered me up upgrade with them for £164 inc upgrade fee and £49 a month

I know it is not a big difference but i want to know what will be better? i have heard not a lot of people like o2 refresh as its much more expencive in the long run and the CPW manager advided me it would be cheaper to upgrade hrough them ( he is a dear friend and is honest) 

Im stck in a rut with who to go with so id love someones advice who knows all the hiddens costs and stuff about both companies!

thanx in advance 

look forward to hearing from anyone 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125986 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Ok....but what would happen if you purchased it on an O2 contract from Apple @MI5...would it then become locked to O2...(genuine question)...Smiley Frustrated

No, all phones that Apple sell directly are proper sim free phones.

Thank you ...then this is the route @Anonymous should follow.....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 35

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Yes, it was confirmed by Apple to the OP here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Upgrading-early-through-o2-refresh-or-CPW...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 32 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Ok....but what would happen if you purchased it on an O2 contract from Apple @MI5...would it then become locked to O2...(genuine question)...Smiley Frustrated

No, all phones that Apple sell directly are proper sim free phones.

Thank you ...then this is the route @Anonymous should follow.....:smileywink:

Thankyou!!! if i get told otherwise by apple when I go there to get it i will let you know! 

Message 33 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 125986 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Yes please report back @Anonymous...if only for my benefit....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 35

jonsie
  • 93986 Posts