Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock o2 outside UK NIGHTMARE

BuggedOtwo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I move in to Germany month ago and trying to unlock my phone since then. At beginning i feelt lucky that 12 months of penalty for buying phone in o2 uk store have passed (that I didn't knew about) and I could finaly unlock my device. After i paid 15£ for unlock I got code that did not work. I email back for help about the issue and instead I got automatic massage with same code 3 times. After that I spoke with guru online and he explained that my device is already unlocked but to finish unlock I need to use UK sim card and than enter the code because it won't work witch sim cards out side UK (Funny thing because my friend have unlock his device a year ago same way I was doing it, he use German o2 sim to unlock UK o2 phone). Now I got problem cuz I don't know anybody with uk sim card. And I need to order it from UK for 10£ plus delivery. And after all this bugs I got no guarantee it will work because now when I log in to my o2 app in unlock menu "your phone is being unlocked enter code" is no longer visible instead it says you need 15£ balance to unlock it... Again!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BuggedOtwo wrote:
I have Sony Xperia x compact powered by android, bought it in o2 uk store. I need to wait 12 months before I can unlock my device. I need a code in order to unlock it and I need to pay 15£ for it.

Please don't spam topic with guides from o2 page unless you have constructive solution to this problem. Because I suspect I am not the only one with such problems 🤔 in 2018 is o2 new updates. thank you.

How are we to know you bought a PAYG Android phone when you posted in the Apple section?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Personally I object to being told 'not to spam the topic with guides'. @BuggedOtwo

In the Unlock Guide, the process of unlocking a PAYG phone is quite clear!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 18

BuggedOtwo
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry I didn't knew there are apple sections in this forum XD I just continue "unlock out side UK" topic from few years ago that I Google it...
Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Are you coming back to the UK at anytime?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 18

BuggedOtwo
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not realy. Don't have a reason and my phone is not enough wink
Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Then all I can suggest is that you visit a local repair shop or market stall if you want your phone unlocking quickly.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 18

BuggedOtwo
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So there are other ways to do it? (ignored the fact that I have already paid 15£ for unlock)
Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, of course slight_smile
A local phone repair shop or buy a code off ebay etc.
I'd also ask O2 for my £15 back as they have failed to unlock your phone for you.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 18