Did you mean: 

Unlock iPhone X timescale

M1th
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

So I have an iPhone X that I use on o2 PayM. I want to get it unlocked and give it to my girlfriend as I have bought a 256gb X instead.

I have submitted my unlock request, but have heard there are major problems at the moment. Would I be better off buying an unlock service from eBay etc? We go on holiday next wednesday to america, so need to get this unlocked sooner rather than later, and have read people are waiting weeks from o2 at the moment.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @M1th

Yes there is a backlog with unlocking. I will ask @EmilieT (Community Manager) if she can help you... as this is a matter of some urgency

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

M1th
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you very much, definitely appreciated! My girlfriend doesn't have a phone and will be using my one for photos etc in America, so really don't want to wait until Tuesday to be told there's a backlog and it'll be another week etc, which would be unfortunate for both of us (me because I then have to take all her photos! tongue )

Thank you!
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hopefully @EmilieT can help. She has managed on numerous occasions to get phones unlocked for people who are desperate to get it done. I am sure she will be posting here soon as I have mentioned her. Keep watching out for her message. @M1th

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

M1th
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

She's just responded to my PM, I've just provided a few more details, hopefully she can help confirm a few things for me!

Thank you very much, and thank you Emilie for responding as quickly as you did.

Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Delighted @M1th and fingers crossed. xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @M1th, I'll reply to your Private Message now so we can discuss this a bit more and get someone to look into it for you slight_smile

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention!!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 13

Shelby1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I wonder if you can help me?

I am in a similar situation as M1th, I phoned up Tuesday to have my phone unlocked after my number ported over to another network that day and I realised I hadn’t had my phone unlocked, they told me 72 hours, I phoned up Friday as it had been 72 hours and no joy, I was told someone would ring me back and they never. I’ve got no use of my phone at all and it’s been five days now. Any ideas on how long it will be? 

Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Shelby1 wrote:

Hi, 

I wonder if you can help me?

I am in a similar situation as M1th, I phoned up Tuesday to have my phone unlocked after my number ported over to another network that day and I realised I hadn’t had my phone unlocked, they told me 72 hours, I phoned up Friday as it had been 72 hours and no joy, I was told someone would ring me back and they never. I’ve got no use of my phone at all and it’s been five days now. Any ideas on how long it will be? 

@EmilieT?

Message 9 of 13

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Shelby1, I've just replied to your Private Message now. If you could take a look and come back to me when you get a chance, we'll try and get this sorted for you slight_smile

Thanks @jonsie for the mention sunflower

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 13