cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM failure - unable to unlock iPhone 4 after using iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently having to use my old iPhone 4 while the iPhone 6 is being replaced. I've inserted a new SIM card whcih is not recognised. The device states a SIM failure with no service. I've downloaded the O2 app and when i navigate to the unlock device section the information shows that the phone is my iPhone 6. It seems the iPhone 4 is not being recognised and therefore is not being unlokced properly to allow the new SIM (STC Saudi Arabia) to work properly. I'd appreciate to be able to contact a support person directly with the IMEI numbr of the phone I need unlocking in order to get this SIM card working.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for he help. I've submitted via the online form. Hopefully that will work.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
You need to use the o2 network to register the phone before the unlock can be requested and it won't work from abroad either I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the info. Hopefully i'll have the iphone 6 back fairly soon.
Message 5 of 5